Help on a Tiablo A9 I bought off CPFMP!

Tessaiga

Enlightened
A Little Red Dot 1 degree North of the Equator
I bought a A9 from another member on CPFMP. It was advertised as LNIB.... I got it a couple of days back and cosmetic wise, it is LNIB...

When I turn it on however, I only get one dim mode, not the super bright thrower that everyone is talking about, when I click it to change modes, it changes mode but the 2 modes are the same dim brightness.

I have sent an email to contact this person, but its been 3, 4 days and still no reply. I want to give this person a bit more time before I post on the Jeers forum....

But besides that, the reason I'm posting here is to ask if I'm doing anything wrongly such that I can't get to the High mode?

Its a reverse clicky, so 1 click turns it on, the next click turns it off and the following click should turn it on in High mode right??? Am I missing something here or is the light faulty. The 2nd time the light turns on, its still in the same brightness. Its not a problem with batteries cos I have changed at least 2 different AW 18650s and it still gives the same results. Instead of turning it off completely, I have tried tapping the switch to see if it would change mode to high, but still nothing happens... :(

The other question is that, if I can't get any resolution from the seller, who can I contact to help with the problem? the light did not come with any papers or anything, so I can't send it back to any distributor. Can I contact Tiablo directly? Will they look into it considering that I have no papers with me? Their website has been down for a while now... :shakehead

Please help.... I just want my light to work as it should... that's all...

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
okay, have you tried using those two outputs at a distance? the two levels on the A9 i have are hard to distinguish, especially on RCR123As when thier too close. you have to really let her rip, and shine at something really far away to see the difference in the two beams, and trust me, its a fairly big difference.

however, even the low beam should be a pretty decent thrower....

the Tiablo A9 uses tail resistance to lower output, like the Surefire L1. By pass the switch and see if you get any better results.

and of course...use new batteries, just in case you arent. :)

hope to hear something above solved your problem.

Crenshaw

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well your seller was on this morning, hopefully he replied to your message.

Jesseri

Newly Enlightened
Its a reverse clicky, so 1 click turns it on, the next click turns it off and the following click should turn it on in High mode right???

No, it's 1st click -> low, 2nd click -> high, 3rd click -> off.

I'll bet the switch is broken or there's bad solder joints on the switch pcb. Try shorting the battery to flashlights body, if it works and its bright then the problem is on the switch.

Last edited:

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several Tiablo A9's and have modded most of them. What you describe tells me the transformer or some other critical component have failed in the driver. Probably the only solution might be to replace the driver in your light. If there were bad solder joints on the switch pcb it wouldn't work at all.

skunksoup

Newly Enlightened
Okay I am the seller and for some reason when I try to email him (all 7 times) it comes back mailer demeon and the emails are returned to me. The light worked fine when I sent it to you cause I fired it up before sending it. I want to make this right and I wasn't trying to sell you a non working light! Please keep sending me PM's and not emails so I can respond to you. I'M NOT TRYING TO RIP YOU OFF! If it comes down to it I will buy another A9 and send it to you.

Last edited:

skunksoup

Newly Enlightened
[comments removed by moderator]

Clearly this is not a scam! Why don't you ask him what kind of a deal he got on two lights!!! I'm going to make this right because its not A SCAM!!! As for buying second hand this light was used maybe twice for a whole 15 minutes! It was bought from Battery Junction and again I am not trying to rip him off!!! Just so YOU know I sold him the A9 and a fenix(brand new) digital P3D Premium Q5 for $100. So now do you have any other HELP!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Windscale

Enlightened
You can have my most sincere apologies [remainder of comment removed by moderator].

skunksoup

Newly Enlightened
I just said I would make it right and if you would read deeper into the English language you would read that!! Also I don't care about your deepest apology, keep it to yourself! You give real crappy HELP! Again I'm going to make things right with him and that is that!

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can have my most sincere apologies [remainder of comment removed by moderator]

Skunksoup has stepped up and is trying to make it right dude.
Why would you think he even CARES ABOUT AN APOLOGY FROM YOU :laughing:

Get a clue dude, really.
As far as buying things 2nd hand, have you checked the MARKETPLACE, it's one of the most utilized areas of CPF on buying and selling things 2nd hand.

If you need to read deeper into this, just let me know and I will gladly help you out.

Out of respect for the OP, I will not reply to anything else you post here.
Feel free to continue this discussion with me via PM's if you wish.

skunksoup

Newly Enlightened
I bought a A9 from another member on CPFMP. It was advertised as LNIB.... I got it a couple of days back and cosmetic wise, it is LNIB...

When I turn it on however, I only get one dim mode, not the super bright thrower that everyone is talking about, when I click it to change modes, it changes mode but the 2 modes are the same dim brightness.

I have sent an email to contact this person, but its been 3, 4 days and still no reply. I want to give this person a bit more time before I post on the Jeers forum....

But besides that, the reason I'm posting here is to ask if I'm doing anything wrongly such that I can't get to the High mode?

Its a reverse clicky, so 1 click turns it on, the next click turns it off and the following click should turn it on in High mode right??? Am I missing something here or is the light faulty. The 2nd time the light turns on, its still in the same brightness. Its not a problem with batteries cos I have changed at least 2 different AW 18650s and it still gives the same results. Instead of turning it off completely, I have tried tapping the switch to see if it would change mode to high, but still nothing happens... :(

The other question is that, if I can't get any resolution from the seller, who can I contact to help with the problem? the light did not come with any papers or anything, so I can't send it back to any distributor. Can I contact Tiablo directly? Will they look into it considering that I have no papers with me? Their website has been down for a while now... :shakehead

Please help.... I just want my light to work as it should... that's all...

PM Sent

DM51

Flashaholic
Windscale, your comments were ill-judged, unnecessary and offensive. You will withdraw them, please.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
back on topic , how is this turning out, any conclusions on fix