Fitting R2 Head into Surefire G2

Confederate

Enlightened
These are the ones available through DX. Makes my G2 exceptionally bright, but with the spring installed, I can't screw in the head enclosure into the main light. There's a notable space. I tried clipping the spring, but it's too tough. And though I left the spring out of one of my G2s and it worked fine, the second G2 won't work without it.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

USM0083

Enlightened
Remove the big spring, then back the pill out of the reflector by half a turn. Drop it into the body and see it there is a connection. Keep backing the pill out till it works.

LumenMan

Enlightened
What I do is cut a small "ring" off the bottom of the large spring. I then slip the "ring" into the groove in the LED body. This has fixed 99% of "problems" with the R2 LED Lamp Upgrades :thumbsup:

(in case you're interest, ttran97 has some R2 LED drop in's for sale in the Dealer Section on CPFM :whistle: )

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I found an old remote and ripped out the battery connection spring then bent it into a ring roughly the same size as the opening then dropped it in there.

Works great for me!

Confederate

Enlightened
Thanks for the ideas. But...ummm...what's a "pill"? I'd cut the spring, but it seems too strong for my pliers.

Removing the battery spring from my wife's remote...interesting.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
You know that remote doesn't need ALL of that spring, just enough to make contact..........:D

Cannabalize anything that has batteries in it! Think about your possible resources.

Confederate

Enlightened
I didn't know what USM0083 was getting at when he said back the "pill" out of the reflector, but I figured it out and it worked perfectly. Now the light is tight and working right.

As much as I like certain aspects of this light, sixty-five dollars for the LED version is way too much for a single-mode plastic body, plastic lens body, in my opinion. The light, with the new drop-in, is incredibly bright. I gave one of these to a lady friend of mine who gets up at about 4 o'clock every morning to get to work. She says that she carries it going to her car and, before getting in, gives a quick check to her back seat.

Again, thanks to all.