Small Idea!

JoeDizzy

Newly Enlightened
How about a clip that make flashlights sit flush or just below pocket. Maybe like some SOG knives. Most clips that I have seen, seem to have the way too much flashlight showing, which is fine for belt carry and bigger lights but not for pockets. (IMO) Smaller lights should fall way of some of these knives; discreet.

Maybe give options like UI'S or reflectors.

What say?

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Sounds like a nice idea. I would like to have a clip for my small 3AAA Coleman CREE flashlight.

scottaw

Enlightened
Try a Novatac, the clip carries it bezel down, with just about 1/2" of tailcap showing, or less in loose pants, very nice for pocket carry.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
The fenix AAA clip fits like that onto the L0D. I carry it like that at work.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like that idea for the most part. When I get back to making Titanium clips again (I made the first HDS bezel up/down clips here) I can make some that will do that. It should be easy enough but to make them for a lot of different lights won't be so easy. IIRC there was some gizmo that would allow you to put a standard clip onto a clip device so it would keep the knife or whatever well below and inside your pocket more discreetly. Something like that might be still available and more universal for some lights.

Marduke

Flashaholic
The Photon Proton clip, Fenix AAA clip, and the Rayovac 2xAA clip on the NDI or NiteCore PD all fit like that.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
If you have something with a clip that screws on, you can use one of the 3 drop-style clips from here:

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=60_101

I bought all 3 of the drop style to try out on my Nitecore Extreme. None had the holes lined up exactly right, so I had to oval them a bit. On the NEI, the use of one of these clips is actually a hinderance because of how high the clip mounting surface is. The light is actually TOO far into the pocket, so it's hard to find when I need it. I went with the Model 19 (large). It's a big huge clip that doesnt snag on anything, fits the mounting holes like a glove, and grips tight and won't let go. It also allows me to grab the light quickly from the pocket.

If you don't have access to a drill and tap set, or your light lacks a flat surface to tap into, you could probably still rig something that wraps around the body of the light to use one of these clips.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well my friend you are asking about the holu grail of flashlight pocket clips.

The Fenix L0D clip is like that and I have cut part of a Gerber infinity clip to use with my rexlight...