Fenix LOD question

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
Looking to purchase a Fenix AAA for my brothers birthday. :party:Which model has more flood. The LOD RB80 or the LOD CE ? Brightness isn't in question here. :D

bullterrier

Enlightened
i have the LOD Q4 and LiteFlux LF2X already and i was little disappointed (to much throw fore me). i want my key chain lights to be flood lights.
but i like my
JETBeam JET-μ witch is a flood king:twothumbs
i got 2 P3D Premium 100 and L1T V2.0 R088 and i like the color rending.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a L0D CREE and a L0D Rebel80. The latter is slightly floodier but be advised that Rebel LED's come often with a greenish tint that many people dislike (I am one of them...).
I would say that a L0D CE is a safer bet. :)

Just for the record I can say that my Lumapower Avenger Rebel100 has a greenish tint when powered with a NiMH or an alkaline. The tint becomes a very nice warm white with a 10440 li-ion. :cool:

5kids

Newly Enlightened
By all means gift the LOD, then next time you need a gift for him, give him a couple of LI-ION 10440's and a charger. It will be like giving him a brand new light again, LOD + 10440=Incredible WOW factor.
I've had a LOD-CE for 18 months, using the 10440 for the past 8 months with no issues. I'm afraid the keychain hole will wear thru in another year or 2.

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
Thanks for ALL of the replies! :) I used search and it appeared the RB80 wasn't produced for very long before the Cree version relaced it. Either should be a good relacement for freebie "John Deere" coin cell led he is currently carrying.