Walmart closeouts - Brinkmann 2D 3 watt

emitter

Newly Enlightened
This is a little past since I haven't been to w-m in a while. Just picked up a brinkmann 2d 3 watt luxeon for $9 down from $20. They seem to be switching to mostly coleman lights and dumping Dorcy and Rayovac and Brinkmann. Looks like it happened several weeks ago. They're keeping you know what brand of course.
I'm about to dig into the Brinkmann 2D to check out the pill and prolly swap out the 3 watt. Great modding platform, hopefully a 4735 fits, assuming the stock board is worth replacing.
Yeah I did search the forums for anyone modding the light, only found the review by the prolific Ernestada.
A snap ring needs removing, then looks like desoldering the star, then the pill should come out, we'll see. I'm leaving the switch alone since it's a nice momentary switch, but the reflector needs replacing. It's 48x23mm. I'd rather have a floody reflector, intending this to be a work utility light.
Walmart also seems to have closed out the nice 1 aa rayovac headlamp. For a closeout price those would be a steal. My next headlamp will be 7.2v quad die current dimmable.

*update* - the board is buried in the switch housing, which doesn't look simple to remove. The heatsink does come right out after desoldering, and the lw3c easily comes off of an ample amount of silicone compound after removing 2 screws. The bin is T V0 L.
I did not perform any electrical measurments stock.

Last edited: