ok got it down to 2 flashlights, what do you think?

Metatron

Banned

White_Shadow

Newly Enlightened
hmm, if u believe the manufacturer stats then option 1 is brighter, no?

ok i linked the wrong tab, i must have a dozen tabs open comparing different lights! this i the one i was wanting, the L2D

http://www.batteryjunction.com/fenix-l2d-q5.html

i now see the L2D is more expensive than the E20, but the L2D has multi levels of output and it brighter. so i am leaning towards the L2D with a set of eneloops. does this sound like a good combo?

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
For EDC I have found the L1D to be more convenient than the L2D due to length. Then I found the Photon Proton Pro to be even more convenient, plus it has fully variable output and the red LED option. Both run well on a single AA NiMH.

YMMV

-- Alan

White_Shadow

Newly Enlightened
For EDC I have found the L1D to be more convenient than the L2D due to length. Then I found the Photon Proton Pro to be even more convenient, plus it has fully variable output and the red LED option. Both run well on a single AA NiMH.

YMMV

-- Alan

i cant find my ruler to see the difference between the L1D ( 3.8" ) vs the L2D ( 5.8" ).

if i can deal with the extra 2" i would rather pay a few more $$ and get the L2d because it is 50% brighter.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both, the Terralux is brighter and a better beam in this case, regardless of focusing technology on the Fenix, which was the first Fenix I was not impressed with. The T lux is a better value.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
which fenix did you not like, the L1 or L2?

the original poster was comparing the E20, I don't care for the E20. I really wanted to see how well the focusing worked for myself. The beam is clearly offcenter. Can't go to truly wide flood mode without having a big donut hole in the middle. Totally unacceptable to make a light that does this.

I have an L2D, which is a great light, also have the original T1 which is a great light and I have P2D on the way just because they are on sale.

White_Shadow

Newly Enlightened
the original poster was comparing the E20, I don't care for the E20. I really wanted to see how well the focusing worked for myself. The beam is clearly offcenter. Can't go to truly wide flood mode without having a big donut hole in the middle. Totally unacceptable to make a light that does this.

I have an L2D, which is a great light, also have the original T1 which is a great light and I have P2D on the way just because they are on sale.

ahh, ok, gotcha.

i was originally looking at the E20, but then found the L2D, which is sparking my interest greatly.

Overdrive

Newly Enlightened
ahh, ok, gotcha.

i was originally looking at the E20, but then found the L2D, which is sparking my interest greatly.

The Fenix L2D (180 lumen cree version)is the Holy Grail of 2AA powered flashlights.
Just get it and don't look back. Yes, the initial price is a bit
more but in the long run it may be less expensive since it performs so very
well on common inexpensive rechargeable batteries. With intermittent daily use
running on eneloops, flashlight always set to turbo, these batteries
may only need to be recharged every two weeks. It's time to change/charge the
batteries when turbo mode drops out and goes down to high or medium mode.
This makes the battery changing time decision simple.

I keep my L2D's head set to come on directly to turbo mode every time
the flashlight is turned on. The respectable wow factor can't be ignored,
it's like comparing sunlight to moonlight when placed next to a MINI MAGLITE.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
Also sold as the Rayovac Sportsman Xtreme 3-Watt. Emitter may or may not be the same.
Yeah I know. Have not seen the 3W version in stores here yet though I have seen the 1W version at Walmart for $19.99cdn before taxes. If the 3W was also available for $25 or so I might have bought one to have as a decent 2AA that I would not mind getting dirty/banged up.

ToeMoss

Newly Enlightened
Too big for EDC in my opinion. However, your needs may justify it.
Have you looked at many single cell lights? There's plenty of nice ones that would be far more comfortable in your pocket.

White_Shadow

Newly Enlightened
Too big for EDC in my opinion. However, your needs may justify it.
Have you looked at many single cell lights? There's plenty of nice ones that would be far more comfortable in your pocket.

i have thought about a pocket carry, but i prefer a holster, so if i am gonna carry it in a holster i am looking at 2aa cell lights. 3aa cell lights are to long.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
the L2D is the choice you want look at this for size comparison ,scroll down to pic with minimag light ..as i noticed in other thread you want to use this as edc as well as home use , get the L2D and L1D body and tailcap as you can use the head from L2D for L1D body so you have 2 lights in 1 ...this way if you leave the house and want the size of L1D your set

you can get the fenix and L1D body at fenixstore "coupon code CPF8 for 8% discount"as i dont think batteryjunction sells bodies & tails separate also might wanna get the extra holster and battery cap too

but if you have NO PROBLEM to edc the L2D at that size then you dont need the L1D body & tailcap

White_Shadow

Newly Enlightened
the L2D is the choice you want look at this for size comparison ,scroll down to pic with minimag light ..as i noticed in other thread you want to use this as edc as well as home use , get the L2D and L1D body and tailcap as you can use the head from L2D for L1D body so you have 2 lights in 1 ...this way if you leave the house and want the size of L1D your set

you can get the fenix and L1D body at fenixstore "coupon code CPF8 for 8% discount"as i dont think batteryjunction sells bodies & tails separate also might wanna get the extra holster and battery cap too

but if you have NO PROBLEM to edc the L2D at that size then you dont need the L1D body & tailcap

right now i dont foresee a problem with a stock L2D EDC, but i will keep in mind what you said here if it becomes a problem.

Gator762

Enlightened
right now i dont foresee a problem with a stock L2D EDC, but i will keep in mind what you said here if it becomes a problem.

I do exactly what Qip does... I have the L1D and the L2D tube.

I never carry the L2 anymore, I always carry the L1. The difference in length is quite noticeable.

But I also second the vote of getting the light plus the spare tube. You can also get a spare holster. For EDC, I always carry the L1. If I was camping, then I would probably carry the L2. That's what I think puts Fenix into the number 1 slot with the L1D. You have the spare tubes available for L1D, L2D, or P2D (AA, 2xAA, or 1xCR123). It's quite a versatile light.