Fenix with Smooth versus OP

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
you would notice it if you had the two lights next to each other but i don't think you would miss it if you got the OP. personally I like the smooth beam of the OP.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
In a reflector that small the difference in throw will be slight but it might be worth it for you.

I say go for smooth if it's intended as an outdoor light and OP if it's going to be an indoor light. I prefer smooth myself.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I own both a smooth and OP reflector P1D, the difference between the two is negligible, you'd be unable to tell which was which unless both were side-by-side. The bigger difference is beam smoothness, the OP has a notably smoother and more even beam. I prefer OP over smooth for this reason.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had two L2D's one OP, one smooth and the difference was pretty much neglegible when they were side by side.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
The OP reflector will most likely give a much nicer, smoother beam than the smooth reflector with little decrease in throw.
Based on the performance of the lights I have, the OP's always give the best beam, and it seems to really be the size of the reflector which determines the throw rather than how textured it is.
If you really want maximum throw then go with the smooth.
I personally prefer OP reflectors.