D10 HAIII is rather weak?

thefish

Enlightened
After having my D10 for just 1 day I have come to the conclusion that the HAIII is weaker than my VB-16 or my cheap 1 x R123A HAIII light from DX. It came out of the box with a small chip near the bezel and after floating around in my pocket with 1 quarter it seems to have developed wear already an the rear edge. My other HAIII lights have gone through much much worse for 2+ years and still look great. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Don't get me wrong, the D10 GDP is a great light and will likely be my new EDC but I don't think the finish will hold up in my pocket with change and keys every day.

Last edited:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ever since I got a Silver Money clip and scratched it up with change in the same pocket... I have been very careful with what pocket I put things in.

FYI, a stainless steel money clip is much more useful than a silver one. 1/5th the cost and will go twice as long with half the scratches. :ohgeez:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
For on topic... I've been carrying my EX10 for a few months, and there are several very small dings in the annodizing on the knurling and a couple near the tail.

I think it is standing up very well to abuse. The lube on my piston is sneaking away from the light.. I need to find a lube to use on it.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the anodizing is fine. My L2D has more chips on the bezel than my D10, and I never EDC'd my L2D like my D10.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
After keeping my D10 in my pocket with a SAK and a whistle for a week while camping, I reckon the anodising is great :) Sure, there are some scratches and marks, but you have to tilt it correctly to see them, and I'd be surprised if any coating could cope completely.

phosphor

Enlightened
Ultimately, flashlights are just tools.....I try not to let the whole "flashaholic" thing get too awfully dominant in my life. That's not to say I'm not like most humans...and from time to time let the "cult of appearance" rule the day. ;)

Enjoy your light.....most everything ages in one way or another.

- regards

Last edited: