Does It Really Take A Month For DX Orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

popcornpicker

Newly Enlightened
I got on their website and they have a lot of cool stuff, so I ordered a bunch of junk. How long for airmail? Would it be cost effective for cheap trinkets?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Depending on what you order, most places in the world is 2-4 weeks on average, with up to 6 weeks not being uncommon. It's best to order, forget about your order for the next month, and it's like a little christmas present when it shows up because you forgot about it.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
popcornpicker,
I don't think expedited shipping is worth the price. For trinkets and junk, sit back, relax, and expect a 3 or 4 week wait. If it comes sooner, great! Don't be surprised to see partial shipments if some items are back-ordered.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipping usually takes 2 weeks to California, but my last order only took 1 week. That was a big surprise.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
My stuff has taken 2-3 weeks to california. Once they get it in stock it ships fast (2 days) out of their facility

dulridge

Enlightened
Varies a lot - usually less than a week from shipping (N.B. Shipping, not ordering) in the last 3 months. Around Christmas, forget it!

I'd reckon at present less than a fortnight from ordering to the UK but last Christmas it was a disaster - 5-7 weeks from ordering and some that still hasn't arrived.

If it is important to you order one thing at a time - that almost always seems to be faster. Most recent order 30th August. Shipped 6th Sept - confidently expect it by 11th Sept.

Previous order - Aug 10th - Last part arrived Sept 1st. Order before that Aug 7th - arrived Aug 13th.

It varies a lot.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
The longest part of the wait for me was the time between the order and being shipped as it arrived in Vanvouver (Toronto if from States) in the next day on Tuesday but because it did not arrive by Friday, the first package arrived on Monday. Actual shipment time from HK can be faster then from the States for me.

Some say if a item is backordered or has a tendency to be backordered often then make it a separate order as mine got delayed as if they were waiting for all four things first, before finally splitting and shipping three in first and one in second. Also it may be a good idea to make the magnets be a separate order...

Illum

Flashaholic
Interesting, since they are exactly the same, from the same factory :whistle:

same factory, two bins...those that passed QC and those that didn't:D

If you buy bulk from DX, I guarantee you that you'll hit a dud or two somewhere along the way....apparently thats the same with other places:eek:

popcornpicker

Newly Enlightened
All things being the same, if I can get them to Michigan in the next week, I'll buy a bunch from Lighthound. However, I'll also buy another hundred or so from DX. I like the idea of giving everyone two. You guys are great! I'm having a lot of fun with flashlights.

Marduke

Flashaholic
On DX, order the 10-packs and use the coupon "bulkrate". That's the cheapest way. You might want to get 5 packs of clear and 5 packs of black for a good mix.

The price goes from $47.28 to $44.30 for an order of 100, 50 of each color. Expect about a 5% failure rate upon arrival. Most of those will probably work again if you take them apart and fiddle with them.

DX keeps these keychains in stock by the pallet load, so on an order of nothing but them I would expect delivery in about 2 weeks.

popcornpicker

Newly Enlightened
You guys are killing me. I'll order a bunch more in anticipation of leaving Michigan around Thanksgiving. I hate to go any place empty-handed. I'm not trying to sell anyone anything, but as the days get shorter, flashlights seem to be a winner. A couple of hundred fauxtons will go real quick.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first order from DX had the product in my hands 6 days after it left Hong Kong.

I have another order that is ready to go, which I assume will be shipped out on Monday.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does It Really Take A Month For DX Orders?

No no no no, sometimes it can take longer:crackup:

Joking aside, the best I've had was 3 days to UK, at the other end of the scale, I ordered a light last Nov for a christmas gift........4 months later I got my refund. I should add, they have improved their CS since then.

I guess it depends on many factors - where you live, what you order, if DX have the item in stock (for "in stock" read - able to buy it ASAP).

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.