Olight warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator762

Enlightened
I'm VERY tempted to pick up the new M20 warrior, but have read marginal posts about their warranty. Is it good enough to go with one of their lights?

The mini-reviews report very good quality light.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
From 4Sevens' website:

"Warranty

No Hassle Lifetime Guarantee

Batteries will deplete, switches will wear out, electronics will burn out, rubber boots and O-rings will age. Everything else is covered by our lifetime no-hassle guarantee: if it breaks, we fix it!"

So basically, only the case, lens and reflector seem to be covered. At least by my reading. The things that are most likely to wear out or fry themselves - the switch and electronics - are specifically excluded. At least how this is worded.

I'll still probably get one, though.

:)

Gator762

Enlightened
From 4Sevens' website:

"Warranty

No Hassle Lifetime Guarantee

Batteries will deplete, switches will wear out, electronics will burn out, rubber boots and O-rings will age. Everything else is covered by our lifetime no-hassle guarantee: if it breaks, we fix it!"

So basically, only the case, lens and reflector seem to be covered. At least by my reading. The things that are most likely to wear out or fry themselves - the switch and electronics - are specifically excluded. At least how this is worded.

I'll still probably get one, though.

:)

That's what I got out of it too... :party:
You would hope if the switch, electronics, or LED crapped out in a reasonable timeframe (like 1 yr) they would cover it. Hmm.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight's quality is excellent and I would not expect any durability issues.

That warranty is new; on the up side they're finally publishing a policy. On the downside it needs attention which it IS getting.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's kinda a lame warranty thou, like the drill bits I bought, warrenty for life, except wear and breakage.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most warranties cover mfr's defects - not wear or abuse.

Good intentions; poor execution and under review.

Matt, do you mean "under review" as in, "under review here in this thread," or, do you mean, "under review by Olight themselves," to possibly beef up that warranty?

Gator762

Enlightened
Excellent news Matt. It would suck to hear an "Oh well your electronics wore out" after a month. I would think they would be better than that, but it's not spelled out so technically they could say it.

Sector7

Enlightened
I would think the electronics is the heart and soul of the light, if a user is operating it under the mfrs guidelines and it fails/fries, wouldn't that be a type of defect given that some people may depend on this light in there line of work and expect a degree of durability....especially when paying close to 100 for say a M20. If you wanna win over people then follow SF no nonsense warranty!

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The revised warranty program will be announced within the week. It won't quite offer a Surefire level of protection but it will be much, much better than the old program. :)

DM51

Flashaholic
That announcement will belong in the appropriate section in the MarketPlace, so I'll close this thread now and we can look forward to it appearing there in due course.

Status
Not open for further replies.