My flashlight saves the day!!

serious sam

Newly Enlightened
This is the story, it was 1.05am, I was as usual surfing CPF and DX for my first Mag P7 mod, as I was lazying on my bed, I heard someone walk past my backyard to my neighbour's backyard (we use the back door to get in our house, and I have been very caution after my bike got pinched last 2 month ago about strange noises). No door opening or key (chimning?) sound was heard which make me suspecious it ain't my neighbour coming back. (My heart beat started rush...)

So I peek down at my neighbour's backdoor from my second floor window. (Next to my neighbour's backdoor was a small kitchen window) And I saw a finger trying to "dig" the window open, more like nose picking style if you get what I mean. I was observing his action for some few seconds and he left, walk out to the opposite street to try other houses.

So I rush out, standing infront of my house, peeking at him and sit infront my house staring at him (what am I thinking?) he saw me from across the street and pretending to ask if I got a cigarett lighter which I say "NO!", so he went to the other house backyard pretending as he was living there, walking normally and hide there for few minutes. So I decided to get back to my house (Its cold out there 20 degree C, and I'm only wearing a T-Shirt and Shorts! Nuts!) and was thinking should I call the police?

Instead I message all my friends about what happened, and was in the process of making an online police report when at 1.30am... as I was typing, I heard foot steps creeping at my backyard! He return to my neighbours backyard the second time. So I thought after that first encounter, no burglar would come back for second time but am I wrong! He was partially hidden at my neighbour backyard which I did not manage to see until after few seconds when my eye adapted to the night vision that I manage to saw a human figure!

So I shine at him my newly bought Mag 2D just 9hrs old out from its packaging (which is the closest thing in hand at that very moment because I was playing with it, 2 inches away from the Mag was my K3500 Microfire warrior and the rest of my light nicely tucked in my drawer) running at 3.6V from 3 x eneloops in series. Full spot blast at the burglar face, he was stunned, standing there few secs like WTF? and pretend like some lost innocent soul trying to get a pee... and at this time he was really trying very hard to get some pee out as I was looking and shinning my torch at him, 2 mins pass by and finally I heard pee coming out!! and he say: excuse me, some privacy here?.

After that he went away, a bit shocked. As usual I called the police immediately and they came after few minutes later and I went out and have a chat, they were using those tiny 5mm leds torch (issued by their departments) shining away, looking around at the backyard and did found some clues to what attract the burglar to my neigbour house. After few mins of conversation, I told them about my flashaolism, about my Fenix LOD CE which they were very intrested at the SOS mode, and wrote a note to them where they can get it and of course, Candlepower forum (the place where all flashalolism was borned, and certified :p)

It was those days when I really get to use and talk about my torchlight. And it was a basic normal purple 2D Mag running at 3.6V which did the job..., POLARION PH50!! I NEED YOU!! (I am still saving for it for this x'mas!) I need instant strike at 5000 Lumens to shine at those *******s so that they think the helicopter is torching at them! Burn you mother fathers! :)

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
I liked the whole story except for the 2D mag lite........:huh: Gosh, I think I would have used anything except for that....lol. Oh well, at least you caught the guy and got to chat about lights with the police.

300winmag

Enlightened
"Its cold out there 20 degree C, and I'm only wearing a T-Shirt and Shorts! Nuts!"

That is T-shirt and shorts weather here in Canada!
Around 18C is perfect for sleeping.... speaking of which :poof:

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh well, at least you caught the guy and got to chat about lights with the police.
Caught him in the middle of peeing, perhaps, not in the sense of apprehended. Just spotlighted him, really.

serious sam, why didn't you call the police straight away when you saw him trying to get in?

serious sam

Newly Enlightened
Caught him in the middle of peeing, perhaps, not in the sense of apprehended. Just spotlighted him, really.

serious sam, why didn't you call the police straight away when you saw him trying to get in?

It seems like I was in an hesitation, should I call or not.... bad! No idea what am I thinking that time.

I regret :( that I did not try to burn his *** with my Warrior.... and didn't get to play with HID's when the police was around so that I can turn night into day. Whats the point of getting even the brightest light if its only to be tucked safely in hard to reach situation.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good story, but next time call the police as soon as you notice him breaking in. Since he got away he will just be at someone elses house tomorrow.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Good story, but next time call the police as soon as you notice him breaking in. Since he got away he will just be at someone elses house tomorrow.

Considering how stupid this burglar is.... I'm betting he'll come back to the same house, again.

sappyg

Enlightened
there is a lot to learn from this story:
1st call the cops.......
2nd avoid contact with suspect if possible........
3rd gather as much ID onfo as possible.......
4th all else fails the "click bang" theory works great......
i'm not talking flashlights here:naughty:

serious sam

Newly Enlightened
watched too much Crime Watch.... where the camera keeps chasing the suspects... think that is what I was thinking when it happens... :oops:

EV_007

Enlightened
Nice job...except for the choice of light of course. LOL jk

I try to have a camera nearby for such occasions so I can get documentation. Even using movie mode in the digital camera captures audio as well.

Avoiding contact is the most prudent form a action. He may be unpredictable, on crack, have buddies nearby or all of the above.

Last edited:

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I can't help but picture in my head this person breaking into your neighbours house, or others on your street, while you are filing an "online" police report.... lol

I mean, great story about the light and all, but there was some serious lack of judgment here. Next time call the police immediately, (BEFORE CONFRONTING THE SUBJECT). Even if his behavior is legit/explained, no biggie, call the police back and say you made a mistake. They may still decide to come by and have a chat with the guy...

<sigh>