Good colour rendition for a LED fan (SF C2)

kurni

Enlightened
I'm a LED fanatic; started from the moment when L1D CE hit Australia. The light is white, I was over the moon.

But seeing things under this awesome white LED is rather "strange", I can't put my finger on it. Only white wall looks perfect.

I then obtained Dereelight Q2 5A; things looked good but I can't get over the touch of pink.

Unfortunately I read McGizmo's thread about CRI; now I have more ideas about how to spend money that I don't have. I'm considering mixing two SSC neutral white and one U2SWOH but I will still have problem with 480nm-490nm blue-green deficiency.

I found an easy and cheap way to get good colour rendition. It is too warm for me but the colours look right. I'm going to use it for some time and see if I like it.

I popped a P60 in my C2.

Rendition problem is solved but here comes the temperature problem.

Am I alone? Anybody on the border? What do you do to address this problem? My C2 needs a proper gut; a bright one. It doesn't have to throw because I usually use FM34 anyway.

Thanks in advance,
Kurni

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're looking for a single, simple LED to match the color of a properly driven incandescent lamp, you are going to have to wait. There are good alternatives, but no direct matches. The Luxeon K2 TFFC is a very warm emitter (see the Inova T1 thread in the Reviews section) with good efficiency. As you found out, Nichia makes a similar emitter. It all depends on how complicated you want to get.