What is your best quality light?

rockz4532

Enlightened
Just wondering, what is the best quality light(s) you have?, mines definately the Inova X5 and the SureFire G2:twothumbs

And by quality I mean, never breaks, always reliable, i dont really care about output on this one

shomie911

Enlightened
I don't think I'm ever going to have to worry about my Arc-P.

I have an Inova X5, X1 Generation 2, and X03 headed my way now, so those are undoubtedly going to be added to my most durable/highest quality list.

But the absolute top spot will be reserved for my new Peak Stainless Steel Kino Bay P4.

My first Kino Bay had a defect so Robyn took it back and made sure that this one was going to be perfect. It's going to be here Wednesday. :twothumbs

My Fenix E01 is also a light I haven't ever worried about either.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should your flashlight take a tumble onto the rocks, I question the durability of an Arc because the AAA battery has no dampening. I haven't tried this with my Arc AAA but I once had an LS with a I forget, but either the single A or double A extension tube and tossed it against the wall not extremely hard and the positive nub of the battery caved in so the light no longer operated with that cell. Maybe the Arc AAA is light enough so this wouldn't be a problem.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should your flashlight take a tumble onto the rocks, I question the durability of an Arc because the AAA battery has no dampening. I haven't tried this with my Arc AAA but I once had an LS with a I forget, but either the single A or double A extension tube and tossed it against the wall not extremely hard and the positive nub of the battery caved in so the light no longer operated with that cell. Maybe the Arc AAA is light enough so this wouldn't be a problem.

If the light still functions, the problem is the cell, not the light. I'd rather have a 50 cent cell fail rather than the $100 light.

shomie911

Enlightened

That isn't a question of the Arc's durability.

The AAA cell isn't durable, but the Arc still works.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Surefire with Malkoff in some sort of combo has to win that award at my house. Oh the quality lego options I can make out of what I got here!

Yellow G2 and M60LL
6PD and 17650 with M30
C3 and 2X17500's with M60L
Leef 2X18650 tube and Surefire parts with M60

This M6 on the table beside me is pretty dependable too with my homemade M3L option just incase the LF bulb blows.
Black KL4 head on FiveMega 18650 Scorpion body.
4 flats crennelated bezel A2. DS LED's with trits behind them and an Oregon shooter tailcap ring plus the Fivemega Strion kit and a short clip. Hard to imagine the bulb going out AND the LED's dying on me without plenty of warning.
HA 1C Mag and 18650 with Malkoff 2-3 cell unit.
Stock 1 stage Cree E2L Outdoorsman
Fenix E01
Arc AAA CS

Last edited:

shomie911

Enlightened
Yes, I agree but if you are in a situation where you don't want your light to extinguish, I think I'd rather have an E01.

I agree, that's why I have an E01 also.

But the Arc-P is the one that always resides on my keychain.

No doubt the E01 is dependable though, they had a thread where the guy threw his E01 off a (not sure about the height) 2-3 story building with a battery inside and it was still on at the bottom.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
My highest quality lights are my:

Coleman 530 lumen CREE XR-E Tri-star LED spotlight
AmondoTech Titanium N30 Compact HID Searchlight
Brinkmann Qbeam spot/flood Max Million III 3 million MAXPOWER 12 volt plug-in spotlight

However, the N30 is by far my single highest quality light.:)

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rugged beater
Yellow Surefire G2 with Cree R2 drop-in
House use
Surefire 6P with cree drop-in
Surefire C2 Centurion with Cree Drop-in
Mag aspheric with SS bezel
Longbow with upgraded head
Sexy lights
Pineapple with Aleph 3 head bare aluminum
Mule with oil can nickel finish
Nitecore bare EX10

I can't just name one, I love them all. I buy and sell lights, and the ones I really like I keep.

shomie911

Enlightened
INOVA T1/T3 , X03/X1, X5 + LUMAPOWER M1 + TIABLO A8 ..well pretty much all of them !
INOVA X03 TIROS I do believe it's the best :thumbsup:

Well that makes my day.

I just bought an Inova X03 TIROS and I didn't know what to think of it. But your post seems to suggest that it is a nice light! :thumbsup:

Plus I have an X1 Gen.2 and X5 in the mail.

I'm glad I made a good purchase.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Easy... Inova X1-V2... it even beats my surefire 6P:eek:

Smooth HAIII
Water tight O-rings and smooth threads
Brushed stainless head and reflector
Coated glass lens to protect the Nichia emitter
Heavy and solid feeling in the hand

Want durability?... I can't think of ANY other light that can withstand multiple water-flood and freeze/thaw cycles. I don't mean plop it in a glass of water and freze it... I mean open the tailcap, FILL it with water to the brim, cap it back up and freeze it with water inside. Repeat several times. I speculate that such treatment would kill most other lights.

To top it all off it will run for 9 hours in regulation... after that it will run for at least 8 more hours with reduced output.

I modded mine with a small copper plate in the tailcap to replace the stainless one. IMHO it really improves the responsiveness of the twist-cap, and reduces that spongy kind of feel.:thumbsup:

Its also made in USA and has a lifetime warranty.

truly amazing, all that for $20 brick & mortar available

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest posts