L2T issue - adjusting the head gives somewhat of a variable light change...

alank2

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I got a L1T for my wife last week and when I turn the head, even slowly, it tends to switch right from high to low or vice versa. Maybe just a little bit of in between, but hardly any.

On the L2T I received today, you can adjust the head very slowly and have it switch from low to high in a series of varied brightnesses.

Is this normal? I thought it had two digitally regulated modes. I would expect one or the other, but nowhere inbetween.

Thanks,

Alan

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not Normal. Clean the battery contacts and the contacts on the light engine circuit board. Clean threads at head, you may have an excessive build-up of lubrication and or dirt. Check that the switch is screwed in securely in the tail-cap.

alank2

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Ok, I played around with the L1T as well and it also does the same thing to a lesser degree.

Thanks,

Alan

alank2

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

What is the best way to clean them? Rubbing alcohol and paper towel or q-tip??

Thanks,

Alan

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
That works pretty good, in fact thats what I do.

But you'll probably get the recommendation to use deoxit, which I can't directly comment on but it has a fantastic reputation.

alank2

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I cleaned the connections, it still does it. If someone else has a l1t/l2t, give this a try: turn it on, head tight for bright light. Untwist head slightly, turn it very slowly towards tight again. I'll bet you will see varying levels of brightness before it is fully on high.

Thanks,

Alan

youreacrab

Enlightened
Hi,

I cleaned the connections, it still does it. If someone else has a l1t/l2t, give this a try: turn it on, head tight for bright light. Untwist head slightly, turn it very slowly towards tight again. I'll bet you will see varying levels of brightness before it is fully on high.

Thanks,

Alan

same here. hardly an issue though because you really have to turn it slowly in a very small range to see. i usually just turn it quickly about 1/4 to 1/2 turn to change modes and notice nothing.

alank2

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

same here. hardly an issue though because you really have to turn it slowly in a very small range to see. i usually just turn it quickly about 1/4 to 1/2 turn to change modes and notice nothing.

I totally agree, not an issue, just an odd thing I noticed.

It is incredible how much light these things put out for 1xAA or 2xAA.

Thanks,

Alan

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't noticed it on mine, but I have noticed that if I just *barely* engauge the low that I can get high by fully depressing the clicky.