1xAAA flashlights

paintballdad

Enlightened
Are there any other multi-mode AAA lights besides the Fenix L0D? Looking for something small to use as a keychain light. TIA.

Gatsby

Enlightened
I use a Liteflux LF2 (SSC P4) which is an excellent AAA light and somewhat underrated I think. I very nice floody white beam - two programmable primary modes and another user adjustable mode - very versatile. Small, very good HA (mine has held up quite well to keychain use), can use all AAA size cells including li-ion rechargeables for a boost in output, has overdischarge protection and you can avoid the strobe and SOS easily if you don't want to use those.

If you're going wtih a AAA light on your keyring this is the one light that I thought the quality and versatility outweighed the size and weight.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I've had my LOD on my keychain for over a year now and it has held up wonderfully to a LOT of abuse.

It may not be pretty any more, but it performs like the day it was new.

It is my #1 favorite light to give to people who have never had a quality flashlight. It is amazing to give someone this tiny little thing that is almost certainly brighter than any flashlight they have ever held in their hands.

Marduke

Flashaholic
There is an updated LOD on the way. At the very least it has a higher PWM frequency that the current model.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is an updated LOD on the way. At the very least it has a higher PWM frequency that the current model.

Maybe it will support 10440's too. :)

I have a LOD Q4 and a Liteflux LF2 SSC on my keychain and I've dropped them a few times onto a solid slab of stone outside my door. Some slight dings in the HA, but both lights have been going strong. I really like the floody beam of my Liteflux. My LOD Q4 has a very cool tint which I'm not crazy about, luck of the draw, but with a 10440 it puts out an amazing amount of light. :) I'd actually love to see a LOD Q2 5A.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's almost my wish. Higher PWM + XP-E Q2-5A + textured reflector + full 10440 support

Would be a warm, floody dream.

I was just playing with my Dereelight Q2 5A drop in and I just love the color of the beam, it just looks more natural to me. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. :p

I'd love to see more key chain lights with Q2 5A's. I ususally use them out doors to find my way to and from the car, etc, and I think for that type of close range application the warmer color temp would be a plus.

paintballdad

Enlightened
Seems like the L0D is king of the heap around here. I currently have an E01 and would like something with more output and the multi mode doesn't hurt either. As for the ARC, no offense but jeez they sure are proud of that puppy. Thanks for the input and if anyone else wants to chime in I'd appreciate it.

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Two other multi-mode AAA lights are the Tiable MA1 and the Leatherman Serac S2. I believe both of these lights are 2 mode lights with a, non-programmable, high and low.

Roboholic

Enlightened
My vote is for the Draco with the extension tube to take the 10440.
This way you get both the 10280 & 10440. I thought I wanted the AAA size on my keycahin as well, but after using the 10440 a couple of times I went back to the 10280. You give up run time but have a much small size with all the same light. 1.6 cm is not much but on the keychain it is noticeable.

Rob

Last edited:

GPB

Enlightened
I EDC a Tiablo MA1 and love it. Its got two modes and handles rechargeable AAA's very well. I think its an ugly light if that matters to anyone, but for functionality its a real winner.