Jetbeam Jet III M : Dual mode ??

MrFunk

Newly Enlightened
http://site.bugoutgearusa.com/Jet-3M_04v2.jpg

I don't understant how it will works ? you turn the bezel and light grow on + and is less in - ? or you have to turn turn turn to make the lights go bigger ?
You have to switch on before and then set on + to have great light or return to - to have a little light ?
I hope you understand what I mean !
thanks

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2211273&postcount=79

It is very similar to other lights, where one position is the head turned in the whole way. The second position is when it's unscrewed a little. The (+) sign actually indicates the battery positive terminal.

I know it looks like the head has a two way switch with self-centering. THAT would be nice, but it's not how it is.

faucon

Enlightened
I have a new Jet III. It's pretty simple: tightening the head till it stops (towards the 'high' indication to the left of the plus sign) puts the mode in high. Loosening the head a little (toward the 'low/set' marking on the opposite side of the plus sign) puts the light in the 'low' or set mode. The small arrows on either side of the plus sign point to those high or low/set positions (based on which way the head is twisted).

The intensities of the high and low beams (or strobe) are adjusted by entering the hidden menu and choosing the desired intensity for high and low. The intensities you choose will be memorized as the new defaults and are easily changed whenever you like. The hidden mode is entered via the switch (three quick half-presses, then a full click to start the process of selecting brightness levels).

Last edited:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
It works by having two negative terminals, one is soldered to the body, and the other one is the - terminal on the board.

fineday

Newly Enlightened
It's not that complex.

Tighten the head ---- Fixed max output.
Loose the head ---- Custom mode.

You can change between these two modes whenever you like, both on and off. Changing will take effect at once.

The custom mode is set by the IBS interface.