Fenix P2d tailcap problem?

rockz4532

Enlightened
I have a fenix p2d q5 that came in yesterday, and i notice for turbo i need to screw down the head tight. Im worried because i think turbo will not work anymore once i use my light more, or i will have to screw it to the max. is everyones p2d like this? has turbo mode ever failed? also the tailcap has to be screwed tight also. I have already cleaned all the contacts.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turbo is engaged when the battery tube makes contact with the circuit board. Look at the board where that contact is made to see that it is free of any obstructions.

Flic

Enlightened
when yu think about it, its a bit wierd for a flashlight to have instructions

Not anymore!

Try a LiteFlux LF2X or LF5XT on for size. Heck, even a "simple" Photon Freedom microlight features intensity ramping and multiple modes. On/Off is so last century.

What I find more difficult to accept is the amount of maintenance these lights need to work properly; proper battery loading/charging, clean, tighten, lubricate (with different lube for o-rings and threads) etc.... I cannot think of many people I would give a modern light to as a gift. I'm sure they'd throw them away within weeks.

Last edited: