KX2C

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire now has the KX2C on its website. Its advertised as a KL4 replacement. It comes in black and desert tan.

superflytnt

Enlightened
That's going to upset a few people. The TIR equipped KX2C has a tight beam which won't light up a room side to side as well as the KL4 did. In close quarters I know which one I'd want for a weaponlight...........

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Seems odd, yes.

However ... anyone got a pic of the "desert sand brown" anodise? Is it HA? I am interested in this head as it does not have the sharp teeth of the E2DL.

bernie

ugrey

Enlightened
I have a KX2C on my E2e and this is the LED I have been waiting for SureFire to make for several years. I have been very slow to jump on the SF LED bandwagon. (see my list of lights) 120 lumens versus 60 of the E2e is great. I carry my E2e on me and I never know whether I am going to need it inside or outside. I never owned an L4 but I did not want a wall of light outside. I had to have something with throw. The KX2C has a great blend of hot spot and spill with plenty of throw. I remember the first SF optics had no spill. The runtime is 2 hours from 120 lumens to 60 lumens. The old E2e was 1 hour 15 minutes from 60 lumens down to 30 lumens. There is just no comparison. The KX2C is not cheap but it is a leap ahead in performance. It is well worth it in my book. I now have a SF LED flashlight I can use outdoors. Well done SureFire! Thanks.

seattlite

Enlightened
Too bad there is no E series bodies(non-scoutlight) in Desert Tan. That would be a cool light.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems odd, yes.

However ... anyone got a pic of the "desert sand brown" anodise? Is it HA? I am interested in this head as it does not have the sharp teeth of the E2DL.

bernie

Here you go:

1224190603.jpg

BBL

Enlightened
mhm, soldering another resistor for a few m-amps more drive current -> charge 25 bucks more... thats the way i'd like to make money.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Anyone got a pic of this color compared to the typical SF HA?
And ... any store got those in stock?

SureAddicted

Enlightened
This is not cool. I'm a huge fan of Optics, and it seem's like SF is going with optics designed for throw. Glad to see its avail in sandy brown, but the KX2C will never replace the KL4.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I agree that it's a great addition but in no way is it a replacement for the KL4.

As weapon lights go I can see the need to reach a long way out there when outdoors but for room clearing I DO NOT want a throwy optic. I want the "wall of light".

Why can't they conitinue to make both?!

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Good timing Searg...lol

EDIT I think a new KL4 mite of taken some of the spot light away from the anticipated release of the UA2/UB2, If it's ever going to happen. What is going on inside that weenie's head.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I still dream that we'll get something like a KL4A to complement this one. Would be great and make my indoor tactical fridge cleaning much easier :D

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone got a pic of this color compared to the typical SF HA?
And ... any store got those in stock?

I purchased mine from Brightguy, only in black. I'm not sure if they have other colors. Excellent head though. Exactly like the E2DL without the teeth. I purchased it to replace my E2e incand head.

Bill