Nitecore EX10 or Dereelight C2H

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been away for a little while, but am looking to pick up a new light for my wife. We just had our baby boy, so with 3hrs of sleep a day, I don't have much time or focus to read through all the info on CPF (tho I've read thru some already in between feedings, burpings, changings, cradlings, etc.).

I'm wondering if the owners of one or both these lights could post the pros and cons they've discovered during usage.

I love both brands having lights from both. I'm leaning toward the EX10 because it's shorter (the light will go on my wife's keychain), but I'm not sure if she'll like the tactile feel (or lack thereof) of the PD switch vs. a standard clicky. Also, I've read some issues with mode changing and whatnot, possibly due to intermittent contacting. I like the ability to upgrade modules with the C2H, but it's a bit larger both in length and diameter.

Thanks for your help.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own either light, but I think I can still help a bit. You might want to look at the LumaPower IncenDio v2. This combines the size of the EX10 with the forward clicky switch of and a UI similar to the C2H. It is, I beleive, around as bright as the EX10 (which is dimmer than the C2H).

edit - specifically for a keychain light, I recommend the Fenix L0D CE. Not nearly the output of the lights you're looking at, but IMHO the largest acceptable for keychain use. I tried the KD buckle light, and although it's almost exactly the same size, I found that the 1-3mm increase was just too much for me. It was probably because of the fuller styling too.

Last edited:

Rion

Newly Enlightened
Hi jsr, the PD switch is great. I just got my D10 which have the PD system. Can use the light as a twisty or clicky, very versatile. If you have 10 mins free, why not view the video of the PD system, link below.

I have not used Dereelight C2H before and cannot comment on it. Should be a good light as well.

Cheers!

NiteCore Smart PD System
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irqhuV8Xo_A

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own either light, but I think I can still help a bit. You might want to look at the LumaPower IncenDio v2. This combines the size of the EX10 with the forward clicky switch of and a UI similar to the C2H. It is, I beleive, around as bright as the EX10 (which is dimmer than the C2H).
The IncenDio v2 is a great little light. Small enough for keychain use but the problem is it doesn't provide a hole for that purpose. I suppose something could be, arranged tho. :thinking:

For keychain duty, of the 2 you're asking about, I'd go for the EX10. That's still a large light for keychain duty in my mind. YMMV :shrug:

MrFunk

Newly Enlightened
I tried all these 2 flashlight, the EX10 have a great switch and a great runtime ( at max it goes over 75 min.) but C2H is more powerful, it has a great throw and is very well built and runtime is around 55-60 min. at max.
I'll give my point to Dereelight !

cruisemissile

Enlightened

edit - specifically for a keychain light, I recommend the Fenix L0D CE. Not nearly the output of the lights you're looking at, but IMHO the largest acceptable for keychain use. I tried the KD buckle light, and although it's almost exactly the same size, I found that the 1-3mm increase was just too much for me. It was probably because of the fuller styling too.

I just ordered the Lumapower Incendio (got a deal for $49 on batteryjunction). I like the silly glow in the dark click cover and ring , otherwise it looks like a great light.
I really considered the Nitecore. I really like the piston system of the Nitecore, but was holding off because it was more expensive than I wanted to spend at the moment...
I'm also curious on how others like the Nitecore.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless your wife likes playing with flashlights- why don't you go for a smaller on/off light? Took me a while to get used to the DX10- but it's too big for a keychain. Ok just to keep in a purse.

Axion

Enlightened
I'd go with the C2H simply because the UI is simpler. While I really like the UI on the EX10, it's not a good one for people who don't want to have to learn how their new flashlight works.

gilly

Enlightened
jsr

I agree with the posts above that the EX10 or C2H would both be too large for a keychain. I also agree that a Fenix would be your best bet for that purpose. I gave my wife an L0D 6 months ago. I occasionally quiz her on it's use: "take that light out and show me how it works..."

After telling me 'where I can stick the light', she will sometimes oblige me by pulling it out of her purse and ATTEMPTING to activate it. The best she ever does is turn it on - never mind the multiple modes. Therefore, I am going to switch her over to a Fenix E01 - simple twisty on/off.

Best of luck to you and hope you can catch some more ZZZZZs. (I have two little punks - 4 and 5 - so can sympathize with your pain!!:faint:)

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the info guys. My wife used to carry a Luxogen LR5A (1x123A) light on her keychain which is about 10mm shorter than the EX10 and had no problem with it's size. The EX10 is a bit longer, but the main reason for the new light is that she wants a clicky or click-type switch as she was having trouble using a twisty with her hands full.

The EX10 being 10mm longer than what she had before makes me think it's at the upper limit of what I'd like to put on her keychain, but I do like the simple clicky interface of the C2H (but it's longer still...another 5mm, making it 15mm longer than what she used to have). Hmm. I looked at the Incendio, but I'm not really feeling it. My wife doesn't like it as much either...she actually likes the way the EX10 and C2H looks (she's leaning toward the EX10 also).

A quick question for the EX10 users, I'm now familiar with the ramping and short cuts, but when you first turn on the light, does it turn on to max first? That's what my wife wants.

HKJ

Flashaholic
A quick question for the EX10 users, I'm now familiar with the ramping and short cuts, but when you first turn on the light, does it turn on to max first? That's what my wife wants.

It turns on at the same level it was turned off, i.e. it remembers the last setting.