AAA Retna Burner???

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened
Ok maybie im not looking for a real retna burner. Just something bright enough to seriously disorentate my buddy so i can junk punch him a little easeier.
OK so my work recently started suplying us all with as many AAAs as we can handle. Soooooooo Its not hard to do the math, i need a bright lite that runs off AAA batterys, preferabuly somethign inbetween the size of a Surefire6p And a M6. The brighter the better.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Just Alkalines

Dose it really make much of a difference?

Yes. Buying a light because you get free AAA alkalines is foolish IMO. You can get so much better performance out of more sensible power sources. In general, a 1xAA light on NiMH can smoke most 3xAAA lights in both output and runtime. 2xAA makes it even more unfair.

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened
O. So what your saying is that i should sweet talk the front desk lady into buying Lithium AAs?

lumenlover2

Newly Enlightened
What I`m saying is : Please be a bit responsable and think environmental friendly. Why don`t you just buy a bunch of eneloops and a charger and be alright for at least a year ?!

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are they lithium AAA's because then you can get a direct drive cree AAA and it will throw down with the best of em, for maybe 15 minutes. Then they die and you need new batteries. My 18650 lights can scorch retinas for over an hour before needing a recharge.

IcantC

Enlightened
What I`m saying is : Please be a bit responsable and think environmental friendly. Why don`t you just buy a bunch of eneloops and a charger and be alright for at least a year ?!

+1, you will be good for a few years.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the LOD-Q4 from Fenix. Even if you use the AAA's from work, you probably won't go through many over the course of a year. You might burn up a couple when the light is new, but after the novelty wears off you probably won't need to feed it a new cell that frequently. If you are, you may want to consider rechargables.

Then if you get bored with it, buy some AW 10440 cells and a charger to triple the output on TURBO. :) This will void your warranty though, and the lithium ion cells can potentially be hazardous, so read up on how to safely handle them and be aware of the risk if you decide to do this.

AKCamper

Newly Enlightened
I have never heard of 10440 rechargeables what r they?

This is off subject but i was wondering where i can find a recharging station for 123s that will hold around 10 batterys or more. I also need something that I can just jam the batterys in there and forget about them.

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
Well there is nothing to my knowledge you can jam the batts. in and forget, you always want to keep an eye on batts. when recharging them. I also have never seen or heard of a ten bay charger, thats not to say they dont exist but i have never seen one

Back to something i do know, 10440 batterys are rechargable lithium ion batterys that are AAA sized, they usually are around 300-400 mah and should boost an LOD to about 120+ lumens =] voids warranty but hey lots of people have been doing it with no problems so far....hope that helped

Nemo

Gary123

Enlightened
I just bought a Romisen 2 x AAA light from DX for about $17.?? that I am very impressed with (like a 2/3 sized minimag). Decent construction although the o ring at the tailswitch tore off when I unscrewed tailswitch. Don't know run time yet, but it is quite small and outputs over 100 lumens.