What CR123 would you recommend?

dano101

Enlightened
Im looking to buy a fairly decent quantity of CR123's 50ish at a time to power several Fenix PD20's. What would you recommend in a CR123 that would be optimized for the PD20?

Im not new to running CR123 lights, but am not familiar with the current/draw etc of the PD20 to know which battery would work best.

Obviously price is of concern when buying 50 at a time... but safety is a little more important. Ive read SilverFox's Shootout thread, but am unaware of what to go with without knowing alot of the innards or the PD20. As well, as you can tell im from Alberta Canada, and these batteries will need to be able to perform well in -40C at times.

Any help would be great on this one...

Dano

dano101

Enlightened
Oh, i was looking at the Batterystation CR123's... so if someone uses those and loves those (or knows a comparable) that would be great too...

Dano

MorePower

Enlightened
The Batterystation cells would be a good choice. In day to day use, you are unlikely to notice a difference between any of the US made cells in your Fenix. The data for some cells is a few years out of date in Silverfox's thread, so there are likely to have been changes / improvements made in formulation for some of the older cells sold under the major labels (Duracell, Surefire, Energizer, Rayovac, etc) which will bring them all closer to each other performance-wise.

Any brand of US made CR123A should perform at -40C similarly to any other US made brand of CR123A.

bltkmt

Enlightened
If you end up deciding on BatteryStation CR123's, check out his EBay store for a slightly cheaper price. I just bought some yesterday.

AMRaider

Enlightened
They are little more expensive than some other brands, but I recommend Surefire CR123s. If you buy directly from Surefire or an authorized Surefire dealer, you can be assured of their quality. Personally, I use mainly Surefire and Energizer (I was able to grab of bunch of EL123s from a store that was closing.). Just my two cents. Cheers.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
is his ebay store under the batterystation name? i dont mind ebay purchased from reputable dealers such as Kevin
I just went to look for it, and eBay (Canada) appears to be having issues.

EDIT: I found the problem.

Seems Battery Station does not make their auction items visible on eBay Canada.

Last edited:

dano101

Enlightened
oh well on the ebay order. Ill have to buy off his site and maybe throw kevin an email and ask if I can get the ebay price :) who knows. Thanks for all the healp on this one