Arc AAA Vin (max)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
If using 2 cells to run an Arc AAA, do they need to be paralleled? Is the Arc's circuit just a booster, or is it a regulator?

I am thinking of making a small light for my OptiVISOR, using the Arc AAA head.
The details are here:
OptiVISOR modification (w/photos)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
series or parallel should be ok. it is a boost.

running the arc off 2aaa's in series was discussed a while ago, peter said it was a okay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

maybe someone can come up with a quote and a link...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
ok...found it myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
OK, I have been testing the 2AAA stretch pack today. More tests to do and I will also post some pics later on.

So far it seems to be fine. The head gets warm after about 15 minutes of operation with 2 new energizers. But that single LED is so completely encased inside the Arc-AAA head that I don't personally think heat is a big threat to the LED. The epoxy we use in the Arc-AAA head is designed to pot electronics and wick away any heat. The heat level to the die is tame compared to what we normally run our LS parts at.

Brightness appears to be about 20-50% brighter than the single cell configuration.

As far as run time, etc. I need to hook it up to my logger tonight and see how it does...

[/ QUOTE ]

arc 2 aaa?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
no problem man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

be sure to let us now what you come up with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now I'm thinking 2 AAAs in parallel. I wont need extra brightness from a series setup, since I will be using it at a distance of less than 1 foot. Runtime would be better here.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
any reason not to use aa's then? still small, and even withougth lithiums, you have about twice the capacity as a aaa i believe...

paulr

Flashaholic
One AA sounds simpler than two AAA's in parallel. I don't see why > 4 hours of runtime is important for a visor light though. I'd think minimal weight was important. I'm guessing you'll use the visor in places where you can easily have spare batteries around. So I'd just put one AAA in the light, and change it out as needed.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
No reason not to. As it is, I think the head or LEDs will be coming from the side of the battery, not the front, to save the length space.
Lithiums would be light, but pricey. I'll be using it with NiMH.
Yes, AAs are a viable option. That would double the runtime. roughly.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
ohhh! loc line /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wouldn't it be great to have the arc aaa head on a flexable mount? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.