My Mom to pass away soon:UPDATE Mom passed away this afternoon

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mom passed away this afternoon at 2:18pm. She was a real fighter and fought for every single breath to the end. It was a gut wrenching experience, but I'm glad she is at peace now and with my Dad. I want to thank everyone on CPF for their prayers and thoughts that helped sustain me through this time.

Please take the time to be with your family whenever you can. Things can happen suddenly and the closer you are, the better. Thanks again.

Frank
fieldops

My Mom fell about a month ago and was in a rehab hospital. She was doing great and was walking well. She was going to come home on this Saturday. On last Saturday night, They called me to say she had a stroke and was going back to the local hospital. I went to the hospital and found that she recognized me, but was not alert. By the time Sunday night came, things worsened. She had multiple clots and lost cognitive ability. The doctors recommended that we just make her comfortable until the end comes. I took her hand and told her all the things I needed to say to her. As I bent down to kiss her, I felt a little peck on my check. I think that somewhere down there, she still had a bit left. I shall always cherish that moment. I went through my Dad's death 2 years ago under similar circumstances, but never got that last moment with him.
I still remember all the kind support then by people here on CPF. I especially remember a post by Life NRA. It was the most moving of any I have ever received. It still helps me go on, even now.

Life NRA:
But most of all remember to always make them proud because you will see them again one day. Make sure you can look them in the eyes without being ashamed and when they take your hand and pull you close for a warm embrace you will know that you did your best.
Honor your parents memory with the life you live.
What a glad reunion day it will be when you hear your Dad or Mom whisper in your ear "I am so proud of you."

Thank you Life, and all the others out there that are so kind. There are wonderful people here.

Frank
Fieldops

Last edited:

tradderran

Newly Enlightened
Re: My Mom to pass away soon

I Lost my mother a few years ago.And I was unable to be there at the time. It is good that you were there with her. I would have
given anything to be with mine.

Dawg

Enlightened

I too had a similar experience when my mom passed away in 1991. I was, and still am thankful for those last few moments. God bless.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast

My deepest sympathies and prayers to you and you family. I'm sure you have and will continue to make your mother proud.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

My prayers go out to you. I am glad you're able to spend some quality time with your Mother during this difficult time. God bless.

greenLED

Flashaholic

Hey, Frank, your post reminded me of when I said good bye to my dad almost two years ago. I can't muster the words to convey the feeling, but just know that you're not alone.

:candle:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

Frank,

Wow, I am glad you got to say your part.

My Dad passed away in 1989. I got to the hospital 20 minutes to late.
It's the most horrible feeling in the world.

I will pray for your Mom this evening. PLEASE let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Ray

nitesky

Newly Enlightened

Frank,
As much as I am filled with sympathy for you, I also am joyful that you had that chance, while, as you say, she had a bit left. That is a rare opportunity as I have found. Take care.

russthetoolman

Enlightened

Being sad right now is normal.

It will pass with time as you remember all the great times and laughs and smiles and love and caring you and your Mom shared

You have experienced with your Mom something I will never know.

Life NRA's words are an inspiration to the greatness that we can all achieve, everyday, to everyone we know and have not yet met.

I made a choice to learn to love unconditionally and I sense your Mom did too.
Russ

IcantC

Enlightened

Frank I am very sorry to hear. Not sure what to say, my father had a stroke recently as well. Scared the poop out of me.

I am glad you are able to spend some time with her and tell her what you want.

If you need anything we are here for you. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast

Frank,

I sympathize with your loss. I lost my grandmother in Japan a year ago and I could not be with her. She meant the world to me and words can't describe how I feel- even now. At the time I managed to make 283 origami cranes (think Sadako and the 1000 cranes) for her. My mother was able to attend her funeral, and the cranes were laid with her when she was cremated. It meant so much to me to have that last moment with her, and I cherish it to this day.

I think it was the closest thing to being with her, and it always will be.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

my dad woke me up in a panic one morning and I had to check my mom's body.... she died in her sleep and was fine the night before. It shocked most of the family as her mother ended up outliving my father who died 4 years later from cancer.

da.gee

Enlightened

My thoughts and prayers with you and your Mom. Cherish and honor her memory. Remember the good.

Rayne

Newly Enlightened

Sorry to hear about your situation fieldops. I will pray for your mother and your family.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

MSax

Last edited by a moderator:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

I lost my mother under similar circumstances last December but unfortunately, she never woke for me to say good by. My Dad passed six years ago again, without my ability to wish him the best.....sad times, even now as I think of them. I am very sorry to hear of your troubles...Take care of yourself and your family--your mother would want that of you....

Karl

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had to watch my Mother pass away about 3 years ago. It is so hard to watch helplessly. Yes your Mother did recognize you. You are blessed knowing this.

kelmo