Question about Eagletec T10C2

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will this light use either a 17650 or a 18650 as well as the CR123's??:thinking:
Any and all help is appreciated!!

Mike

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will this light use either a 17650 or a 18650 as well as the CR123's??:thinking:
Any and all help is appreciated!!

Mike
If you want to use a 18650, then the T10L is your choice. But yes, the T10C may run on a single Li-Ion, but it won't be fully regulated. On the other hand, the regulation on the T10L is stellar.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the lumens rating of these two lights differ. The T10C2 is rated at 295, the other 255. Is there a noticable diff in brightness regardless?

Mike

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the lumens rating of these two lights differ. The T10C2 is rated at 295, the other 255. Is there a noticable diff in brightness regardless?

Mike
No, not a difference at all. At least not to my naked eyes. You'll need an Integrating Sphere to know if there is any actual difference (which I don't think there is).

Lookin4U

Newly Enlightened
The T10C2 is designed to run on 123 primaries, which is what I use as my Department issues them. 17650s will work, but not regulated nor as well. The T10L is designed for just 18650s, and performs exactly the same as the T10C2 in every way (except maybe in an IS) but with about ~15 minutes more run time on max.

LedZep

Newly Enlightened
Is the T10C2 pocketable, or would I need to go with the P10C2? Also, I would think the output of these two would be the same, maybe just a little different beam profile?
Thanks!

faucon

Enlightened
I would call the T10C2 pocketable. It's not much larger than a Surefire L4, and noticeably smaller than a JetBeam III-M. It was also designed to run well on 3.7v RCR123s, which I got from AW and which perform quite well in the T10C2. I have a lot of good things to say about the flawless beam, neutral white color, and brightness. It throws well and, unusually, also has a good bright spillbeam with very good flood as well.

Lookin4U

Newly Enlightened
I'm a decent sized guy (6ft 190lbs) but think the T10C2 might be on the large side of "pocketable". Not really a problem with me as I usually wear 'cargo/carpenter' style pants off-duty and am always armed with a Glock 27 in my pocket (size comparison) which goes unnoticed by the public. Most people, however, don't carry those size items in their pockets regularly.... If that's your main mode of carry, I'd say for the "average person" go with the P10C2.

LedZep

Newly Enlightened
I usually wear cargo pants too, I'm thinking the T10C2 would be more comfortable than the longer but narrower P10A2. Trying to decide with the best balance of comfort vs brightness. Thanks for the replies. :thumbsup:

faucon

Enlightened
I'm a decent sized guy (6ft 190lbs) but think the T10C2 might be on the large side of "pocketable". Not really a problem with me as I usually wear 'cargo/carpenter' style pants off-duty and am always armed with a Glock 27 in my pocket (size comparison) which goes unnoticed by the public. Most people, however, don't carry those size items in their pockets regularly.... If that's your main mode of carry, I'd say for the "average person" go with the P10C2.
I'm about your size and, come to think of it, almost always wear cargo pants when I don't have to wear dress pants. That may be why I think of the T10C2 as pocketable. I also carry it in various jacket or coat pockets (though not a dress suit pocket). For carrying in dress pants pockets, though, perhaps it is a bit large.