which surefire? advice....

cruisemissile

Enlightened
which surefire should I get? the L5 or U2??
(or should I wait for the optimus?)

what are everyone's thoughts.- I'd be curious for the info...

iTorch

Newly Enlightened
wait, wait and wait some more, whatever model you get you will no doubt be disapointed when the new ones do (eventually) come out.
So if you can, then wait, put your money into a savings account and earn some interest to buy batteries since the thing does not take rechargables...

cruisemissile

Enlightened
thanks everyone for the advice.
I know they're both great, but I'm leaning toward the yet to be releasted Optimus mainly on aesthetics. Its got a much more pleasing/sleek design . It goes without mentioning that the Optimus functionality is killer.
they aren't cheap though.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
which surefire should I get? the L5 or U2??
(or should I wait for the optimus?)

what are everyone's thoughts.- I'd be curious for the info...
Never wait for a SureFire! Get what is available now and enjoy it. (go for the new L5, by the way)

SureFire lights are timeless objects...

1996alnl

Enlightened
Yeah,there's no point in waiting for the Optimus.
Get the L5 and put away 50 cents a day in a glass jar,by the time the Optimus is released you'll have enough money for it:twothumbs:laughing:

Take care

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never wait for a SureFire! Get what is available now and enjoy it. (go for the new L5, by the way)

SureFire lights are timeless objects...
Basically what I did. Obviously it's not going to measure up to the Invictus by any means, but the L5 is a keeper. Bright, long runtime, nice beam, solid S.F. construction of course, and a nice looking flashlight I.M.H.O.

iTorch said:
wait, wait and wait some more, whatever model you get you will no doubt be disapointed when the new ones do (eventually) come out.
That's one approach, B.T.A. if you do wait (?) months for the next generation, by the time it's available for purchase something else will be just around the corner all over again. You could end up waiting for the next best thing forever. However, you have a point considering incan-tinted L.E.D.'s coming out. They may continue to get brighter for longer forever, but closing the gap of the last advantages incans have is kind of a big jump I.M.O.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Which ever one you get - make sure it's the latest (current) verion.

L5[A] - will have the KL5A bezel (not the KL5)
U2A - will be sold as U2A (not U2).

Both are somewhat new and most Dealers won't realise there is a difference.