A19 surefire 1 cell extender

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
I have seen a few people ask about these extenders in the past. I currently use 2 malkoff bulbs. A M60LF and a M60LL. I use these in a 6PD and a G2. With the extender on the 6PD will I get extended run times? The bulbs are rated up to 9 volts. Am I correct in assuming that with three cells it will not be brighter, but instead giving me more runtime?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen a few people ask about these extenders in the past. I currently use 2 malkoff bulbs. A M60LF and a M60LL. I use these in a 6PD and a G2. With the extender on the 6PD will I get extended run times? The bulbs are rated up to 9 volts. Am I correct in assuming that with three cells it will not be brighter, but instead giving me more runtime?

I have the same setup with my 6P, but I asked Malkoff about this and he said I might fry the bulb since they are rated up to 9v. I instead now use Cree R2/Q5 that can take the 12 or 18 volts. I did notice in the Cree's that it runs about 40minutes extra with the extender and 3 cr123 rechargeables.

thermal guy

Flashaholic

This question has come up a lot.The answer is always the same it is not advised to run 3 cr123 rechargeable's in any of his M60 drop in.

matt0

Enlightened
Assuming your using primaries, 3 cells will not be any brighter than 2 cells. You will get more runtime though.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I stand corrected.Read to fast.Thank you so much for pointing that out.