Belt Clip for LD10?

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
I was wondering if anyone has modded another belt clip to fit an LD10. I don't like the holster - it's a little cumbersome, and putting the flashlight in my pocket since it's not easily accessible (plus it's uncomfortable to sit).

The head is about 21 mm, however I don't have calipers to measure the body width....

Any help would be appreciated!

mike

Hell Pie

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. Former troll here but I wanted to comment on this thread, so I finally registered.

I recently purchased an LD10 and I also don't like the holster. The LD10 has a metal piece behind the head to keep the flashlight from rolling, which makes it so that the flashlight cannot go in tailcap first. I'd prefer having the head go in first because it makes for a more fluid motion when getting the flashlight out and ready to use. Also, the holster has a velcro cover to help secure the flashlight, but I think it is unnecessary as the flashlight already fits very snugly in the holster due to the anti-roll metal piece. The velcro cover just adds another level of complexity when trying to quickly get the flashlight ready.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all. Former troll here but I wanted to comment on this thread, so I finally registered.

troll= Someone that purposefully makes insulting/controversial remarks with a view to start an argument

lurker= someone that doesn't post for a long time, just reads.

Think you may have got your terminology wrong ;)

Hell Pie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the clarification Jarl! Must brush up on my internet terms!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I, too, must say I do not like the cumbersome design of the new Fenix LD10 holster, for all the reasons stated earlier as well as it being plug ugly to boot!!

However the LD10, I do like very much. I've changed the tailcap for the generably available L1D positive one ( I.E. momentary is B4 click and the end sticks out - louder click too, but I like!) and the whole hybrid fits very nicely in my old L1D holster. Nice combo.

Not sure if the LD10 will be new EDC yet, but fun finding out.

Any one else with any other good holsters for this??

Be lucky...

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
I, too, must say I do not like the cumbersome design of the new Fenix LD10 holster, for all the reasons stated earlier as well as it being plug ugly to boot!!

Be lucky...

The larger head doesn't get in the way of fitting into the L1D holster?

Does anyone know of a belt clip out there with roughly the same diameter as the LD10, possibly to add on to the LD10?

I like the LD10 a lot, carrying it is just a pain.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head of the LD10 is larger but since the holster has elastic sides, the light just slides in smoothly. No problems removing it from the holster either.

I hope they still sell these holsters as accessories, I must stock up on a few. They are very hardy too.

Be lucky...

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened