Infinity white vs infinity green

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
I just got an infinity task light with green LED and compared it to my infinity (not Ultra) task light with the white LED. The green light blows the white one away. Its not as bright as my Ultra-G but the difference is amazing. Has anyone had a similar experience? I can't wait to get a red and/or yellow task light.

Chris

JJHitt

Enlightened
It's the same thing with the AAA Arc (I have a turquose and a white): everthing else being equal, green will appear brighter because your eye is more sensistive to green light than it is to the other colors that make up white.

The green LED isn't putting out more light, your eyes are just more sensitive to those colors.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The closer you get to Cyan (greener) color, the more brighter the LED will seem... Our eyes just perceive the contrast of the blue/green color better...

paulr

Flashaholic
I think white LED's are less efficient than monochrome LED's because the phosphor dissipates some energy. However, green and (say) yellow LED's should be about equal.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Chris T, I have the Infinity red. This is one bright light at night. Almost too bright. Does your green infinity have rings? My blue-green infinity has very noticable rings, very annoying. Bill

haertig

Newly Enlightened
I have a green Infinity, two blue/green Infinitys, and an Infinity Ultra. The Ultra is the brightest and has by far the smoothest beam. The kids got the blue/greens because they like the color. I use the Ultra as my "around the house in the evening when I might need a light" flashlight. The green Infinity is my "up to the bathroom in the middle of the night" light. The green is less of a shock to my eyes after I've been asleep for a while compared to the Ultra. The non-white Infinities obviously do not render color well, but to my eye, I see just slightly better contrast with the green as compared to the blue/green. But that contrast difference is very small.

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback. My green has some rings but the center point is very solid.

Chris

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My green one has a solid "center point" and two rings around that. It's more green in color than the beam picture on my site makes it look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

A red Infinity (the original, which in my opinion is wider and more ring-free than the current red) is my choise to get to the can at night, since it's a bit easier on the eyes than the yellow, green, or white. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I don't have a blue-green or blue Infinity, so I can't compare them with any other.