FNG Here!

Apollos

Newly Enlightened
Hello everybody. I am new here. I didn't realize there were other flashaholics out there like me...

I currently have four SureFires (E2D, E2D LED, L5, and M2 Centurion outfitted with a Malkoff M60 drop-in)

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and I am looking forward to tapping into the apparent wealth of information on this board.

-Apollos

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: Oddly your first post is the first time I've seen a first post shown as having Zero posts :laughing: - must be the new math or a new feature -they've been tweaking the forum software a bit lately. A few rules:
1 - hang on to your wallet
2 - when ignoring rule number one go to rule #3
3 - when in doubt about which of 2 lights to buy get both
4 - repeat rules 1 through 3 as often as needed

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Might I suggest a LED thrower, a HID, a Hotwore Maglite Mod, a 7 LED Mag mod, and a few other things :naughty:

(I've got non of the above, I'm just here to help you spend your money :p)

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go for something overkill, incandescent, and/or rechargeable for your next project. You know, something to impress people with.
:welcome:

Apollos

Newly Enlightened
:welcome: Oddly your first post is the first time I've seen a first post shown as having Zero posts :laughing: - must be the new math or a new feature -they've been tweaking the forum software a bit lately. A few rules:
1 - hang on to your wallet
2 - when ignoring rule number one go to rule #3
3 - when in doubt about which of 2 lights to buy get both
4 - repeat rules 1 through 3 as often as needed

:crackup:

Thanks for the rules...I will be sure to follow them ;)

I would definitely like an HID...so much $$$!

Oh well...its worth it...right?? :grin2:

BlazerBud

Newly Enlightened
If we were in a bar, and he walked up and started talking about how much he likes whiskey, of course there are others like you in this place.

But, I think this calls for a round of drinks.....lights.... on the new guy.

:twothumbs

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everybody. I am new here. I didn't realize there were other flashaholics out there like me...

I currently have four SureFires (E2D, E2D LED, L5, and M2 Centurion outfitted with a Malkoff M60 drop-in)

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and I am looking forward to tapping into the apparent wealth of information on this board.

-Apollos

You are a new CPF'er, with 2 posts, with more than $500.00 in Surefire lights coming into CPF???? You're doomed... you really are. This is a wonderful addic... er, I mean hobby.:) Welcome to CPF and we say hold on to your wallet, we mean it!:welcome:

Apollos

Newly Enlightened
You are a new CPF'er, with 2 posts, with more than $500.00 in Surefire lights coming into CPF???? You're doomed... you really are. This is a wonderful addic... er, I mean hobby.:) Welcome to CPF and we say hold on to your wallet, we mean it!:welcome:

Yes I have already experienced the quick money-drain these lights can be. Its all worth it, though, when you use them around other people.

For example, I was walking with an engineer at the hospital I work at. We were examining some pipes overhead in one of the poorly lit corridors in the basement. He was talking about the areas that would be affected by the upcoming construction. He pulls out his Mini Mag to examine some of the old pipes. Of course, it barely improved the already poor visibility. I pulled out the SureFire E2D LED and dumped 120 lumens onto the pipes. He didn't say anything...he just put his light away :D