Need a strobe light recommendation

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Hi guys,
I used to think strobes were useless until i came across a scenario where i had my 2 trusty EDCs (Wee NS and D10) with me, but both were not suitable. I needed to get attention to my location in the night and with either EDCs that I had, both were not really the best for the job. Strobe would be great. Now, the problem is I like the D10 for its flexibility (had a LF2X but I still prefer the D10), and I neck carry the Wee. My keychain is a huge bundle and so I won't be adding anymore to it, not even a photon coin light. I want to keep my EDC lights to only 2. Want to keep my D10 so I guess I can change away my Wee for another EDC, but I will still want it to be neck carry and at the same time look like a pendant like the Wee. So my question is, is there any tiny light that is powerful and bright like the Wee but has STROBE as well? Will appreciate your recommendations, thanks a lot! :D

cl0123

Enlightened
One of these?
solar2008102403.jpg

Or any of the Fenix P1D versions with a Leef tube if you prefer clicky.

With Aloha,

Clarence

CampingLED

Enlightened
ALL lights have strobe. It is built into your finger and the switch of the light. If strobe is built into the circuit of the light it becomes very annoying when you need to change modes through them.

Marduke

Flashaholic
If strobe is built into the circuit of the light it becomes very annoying when you need to change modes through them.

Only in awful designs. A properly design light has such modes out of the way so you never have to encounter them unless you desire to. There is no needed to change "through them"

IcantC

Enlightened
Just wondering what the situation was and why you could not strobe the light yourself?

Aside from that, get any light that has strobe. Jetbeam or Fenix among many others :).

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Just wondering what the situation was and why you could not strobe the light yourself?

Aside from that, get any light that has strobe. Jetbeam or Fenix among many others :).

it isnt exactly quite comfortable to strobe a D10 myself.. but i was thinking more of a life-and-death scenario where i will not be able to constantly strobe it and wouldnt want the rescue team to miss me when my fingers are taking a rest :D

IcantC

Enlightened
i must have missed the feature! but i was thinking of replacing my Wee with another tiny light that looks as good, has strobe and can neck carry as well.

If you are looking for AAA, the Fenix LOD-CE(older model) is very bright for a AAA and has strobe while being small. Check out 4sevens he carries them.(not sure if can link?). If a small CR123, check the P1D CE.

Otherwise ANY Fenix will have strobe(check 4sevens website).

Marduke

Flashaholic
If you are looking for AAA, the Fenix LOD-CE(older model) is very bright for a AAA and has strobe while being small. Check out 4sevens he carries them.(not sure if can link?). If a small CR123, check the P1D CE.

Otherwise ANY Fenix will have strobe(check 4sevens website).

The LOD-Q4 version is the current sold. None of the Fenix T series have strobe, or the LD01 or E01.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I was also going to suggest the L0D-Q4 for something small enough for neck carry. It may be the smallest, with the exception of the Photon Freedom, to have strobe. Just got one and noticed the strobe seems slower than most, if that matters to you.

Geoff

ruriimasu

Enlightened
i have a l0d too. but it doesnt look nice as a neck carry. i was thinking of smaller lights such as the Wee or drake, but have strobe as a feature. :)

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
ALL lights have strobe. It is built into your finger and the switch of the light. If strobe is built into the circuit of the light it becomes very annoying when you need to change modes through them.

All lights can be strobed but not all have dedicated strobe features. And strobing with your fingers and the switch depends on what kind of switch you have. Try strobing with a reverse clicky switch or perhaps a twisty switch, then tell me if all lights have strobe.

To the OP, have you tried using the NDI? Its kinda big for neck carry but very doable, I carry it in my neck with a lanyard whenever I go hiking.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
How about a dedicated strobe light. It does a better job than a flashlight equipped with a strobe because the strobe can only be seen in the pointed direction of the flashlight. If your serious about having a strobe, there is no substitute.

CampingLED

Enlightened
All lights can be strobed but not all have dedicated strobe features. And strobing with your fingers and the switch depends on what kind of switch you have. Try strobing with a reverse clicky switch or perhaps a twisty switch, then tell me if all lights have strobe.

I think we are starting to split hairs. I wanted to make a point and I think I did. With my 6PD with forward clicky strobe is very easy by only tapping the switch. With a twisty, yes, it is more challenging, but still do-able.