Watch for upcoming sales!

LEDrock

Enlightened
If you're thinking about buying a high end light anytime soon, you may just want to wait until it goes on sale, especially at the brick n mortar stores. I keep hearing on the news about how retailers are so desperate to get people to buy things now and during the upcoming holiday season that they're slashing prices like crazy, especially on things like high-end electronics. You can thank the current economy for this. I think it's a sure bet that flashlights that weren't exactly made for "the masses" would be on sale very soon.

I haven't bought a Coleman 2AA cree yet from Walmart, but it goes on sale, that will change! ;)

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
man, you guys are so lucky, here in singapore, flashlights are not popular with some SFs, Pelicans and the ever present Mags being the choices available.

Things are picking up with some enterprising people bringing in Fenixes and Jetbeams but we still don't have as much choice as you guys in the US. And with limited choice, prices are usually higher here, but after factoring in shipping, it works out to about the same.

I wish we had more choices here, no B&M places too, so modding is OUT.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Got several Authorized Dealers here in NYC. But they won't discount. They can't. Otherwise Surefire will put them on the naughty list, and never supply them with anymore toys.

Inovas and Streamlights might be on discount at some B&M shops. But that's about it, as far as quality lights go.

iluvflashlight

Newly Enlightened
man, you guys are so lucky, here in singapore, flashlights are not popular with some SFs, Pelicans and the ever present Mags being the choices available.

Things are picking up with some enterprising people bringing in Fenixes and Jetbeams but we still don't have as much choice as you guys in the US. And with limited choice, prices are usually higher here, but after factoring in shipping, it works out to about the same.

I wish we had more choices here, no B&M places too, so modding is OUT.
not really, there are sheares and blacktechnology and some shop at beach road the flashlight industry is picking up there are brand like fenix dosun surefire novatac pelican nitecore olight jetbeam........ so not too bad either

Taboot

Enlightened
Got several Authorized Dealers here in NYC. But they won't discount. They can't. Otherwise Surefire will put them on the naughty list, and never supply them with anymore toys.

Inovas and Streamlights might be on discount at some B&M shops. But that's about it, as far as quality lights go.

I bought an E1B from Eastern Mountain Sports online for $88 recently. I was thinking that when they did the sale, they just didn't realize the policy. Oh well, my gain.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
After five years of CPF induced flashaholism, I've become demanding and jaded. Around my neck-o-the- woods there aren't too many lights worth buying at the local B&Ms that I don't already own.

For those in the beginning stages of addiction, this may be a good time to be on the lookout for better than average pre Christmas sales. Good hunting !

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I HIGHLY doubt that SureFire is going to change its prices due to the economy or the upcoming holidays. But remeber, EBAY is your friend, I've just got a brand new A2 Aviator from there... GREAT PRICE!

Last edited:

1996alnl

Enlightened

You know what, this drives me nuts!
What gives Surefire the right to dictate how a dealer should run his/her business. As long as the check doesn't bounce what does Surefire care what the retailers are selling their product for?
Common sense dictates that if retailer A is selling a E2DL for $129 and dealer B is selling the same light for $149., dealer A will move more volume. Everyone will be happy, the retailer because he's moving more product and the consumer because they're getting a deal.
Just thought i'd vent for a bit..deep breath,deep breath.
Feel better now.

Take care.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Since when is Maglite high-end?

Not to us.... But as a Christmas gift for one of the "norms," they'd think a Maglite with a MagLED installed is as good as it gets.

"Wow, this thing is bright as Hell! And you say I never need to replace the bulb, ever?? Neat!"