Best place to buy a Raidfire Spear?

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all, where is the best place to buy a Raiffire Spear? In the 4sevens page it says "comes with a textured reflector" But i dont really need a textured reflector since it is a light designed for throw. Does it comes with BOTH REFLECTOR or only the OP one?

Is there any other place i can get it cheaper?

Thanks.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
They sometimes pop up in the Marketplace.

It throws very well with the OP reflector as well though.

Edgetac has great customer service as well and will take care of you if there are any issues with your light.

Not selling mine btw;)

Sverre

PS! 4Sevens has perfect customer service so I always recommend buying from him if he stocks a product:twothumbs

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all, where is the best place to buy a Raiffire Spear? In the 4sevens page it says "comes with a textured reflector" But i dont really need a textured reflector since it is a light designed for throw. Does it comes with BOTH REFLECTOR or only the OP one?

Thanks.
Have you tried to contact Edgetac/Nitecore? They are the makers of the Raidfire Spear, they might hook you up with a SMO reflector.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buying Spear is potentially problematic now. It's discontinued, most distributors don't have it in stock at all, some of them with OP reflector only. Some chinese sellers like Dealextreme or Kaidomain have it in stock but they're less reliable.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks.
The last run of Spears shipped with the OP reflector only. 4sevens announced a while ago that all of their remaining Spears were from that last run. So unless something has changed recently, you might want to stick to the Marketplace if you want the smooth reflector. Who knows if other dealers will even indicate if their Spears come with both reflectors.

That said, the beam from the Spear with the OP reflector is outstanding. It obviously doesn't throw as far as the smooth, but as NoFair said above, it still throws very well.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad to hear it is discontinued, I will sure buy from 4sevens, already contacted them about the included reflector.

9x23

Enlightened
Sad to hear it is discontinued, I will sure buy from 4sevens, already contacted them about the included reflector.

Hi richardcpf

I certainly agree with everyone here that 4sevens has superb customer service and will back up their products.

In regards to the Raidfire Spear, I have had mine for almost a year and would still say it is a well made and durable light. It is still the brightest and farthest reaching single cree light I have. For mine I have both the smooth and OP reflector and after using both I would say that the OP throws just as far as the smooth, at least based on my unscientific nighttime eyeball test. IMHO, unless you don't mind the beam artifacts of the smooth reflector I would stick with the OP and save yourself a bit of change to spend on the next light. In any case....you will enjoy the light.

9x23

gilly

Enlightened
I'll be listing my Spear w/ SMO reflector on the Marketplace today. It's from the second production run (no "strong light" marking) and is in Mint condition.

Only ran one 18650 through it.

In case you are interested...

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks.

I ordered one from 4sevens.com, with the assumption that the "Comes with a textured reflector!" in special color font at the bottom of the page meant a bonus reflector would come with the light, in the package.

All the reviews I saw showed a smooth reflector, so it made sense that it would come with both.

I questioned 4sevens customer service about it, and they said the light only comes with a textured reflector nowadays, they couldn't help me with the smooth one.

Elsewhere, Edgetac promised smooth reflectors would become available in a few weeks, but that was months ago.

So I'm really disappointed with the whole situation. It seems they have end-of-lifed this product.

To make matters worse, my light was supplied with a heavily dented reflector. I sent it back and when I received the replacement it would not light up unless the bezel was loosened. It turns out the reflector was pressing against the emitter solder joints, shorting out the driver! There was a thin ineffective washer that had holes in it where the solder joints were. I had to supply a better washer myself. :thumbsdow

I posted a WTB: Smooth reflector for Raidfire Spear many weeks ago, and not one member made me an offer.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get it! It has older reflector - the same great throw but it's 5% more matte and has great beam.

Axion

Enlightened
I hate to pull business away from 4seven, but I say buy a DBS from Flashcrazy. You can't get SMO reflectors for the raidfire, and with the DBS you can get a Q5 XR-E and now a MC-E pill which looks awesome!