PKEF Turbo Kroma fix

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I mentioned earlier that the PKEF Turbo Kroma has three stages. Color LED>Full White>Low white

Well i have solved this issue. The problem is that 2x123 are too much voltage. I have been using a 17500 and a home-made spacer to run my normal kroma for guilt-free lumens. I tried this set up in my Turbo Kroma and I noticed that the Turbo behaves like a normal Kroma now. Im happy now that I was able to solve this issue. Having three stages is a neat gimmick but my PKEF is blue/white/IR. it is a little annoying to be using IR, go into full white but not able to go int IR again unless I release and repress the tailcap. But now it is no longer a problem.

I also noticed that my normal kroma behaves like the turbo if I use 2xRCR123 meaning color>full white>lower white. The "lower white" is not the same as low white mode. it is a dimmer level than the full white but not as low as "low white"

Which makes me believe that the turbo has the same issue when there is too much voltage. Now I need to get more AW cells to feed my Turbo, since I dont have enough to go around haha.

Lightguy27

Enlightened
I should be getting my Kroma tommorrow (You da' man AzGB!!) and I can't wait to start playing with it. I am kind of nervous about whether or not I will like the UI, specifically whether there is selection where ONLY white is accessed by the TC. Maybe you can shed some light on this?

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not true. Unless you want low white. Full white is always accessible when you press the switch all the way down.

I suggest you try to get a C2/M2/L5 combat ring. you cut off the little nub that holds the ring onto the body, then slip it on to the Kroma. Very nice and easy modification.

Lightguy27

Enlightened
But don't the colored LEDs stay on aswell? You can't just have low/high white? I am still asking because I have not recieved my light yet, he sent it out friday so I guess they are backed up a bit. So much for second day priority. :thumbsdow to usps, AzGB is still the man. ;)

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can have low/high white only. But you can to select it.

At the extreme ends of the selector ring you will have red and blue (at their respective ends). one notch in from the end is low color LED. two notches from either end is the middle of the selector ring and that is all white.

Really it isnt a huge deal. It is quite intuitive and you get used to it. One thing to know, dont over twist the selector ring. It wont really ruin anything but you run the possibility of breaking a small piece of plastic that creates the "clicking" of the selector ring and you can lose the "clicking"