SureFire L2 Question

fugotti

Newly Enlightened
I have a E2D LED and love the beam but I am looking for a flood type light with more wide light and less beam. Is the L2 a good choice for this?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The current (2008) Inova T1-MP fits your description. Like the Surefire L2, it is powered by 2 CR123A batteries, but the runtime is 4 or more hours with 100 lumen regulated output.

It is physically shorter than the L2. Too, it won't burn your hand after prolonged periods of use.

vtunderground

Enlightened
The L2 (or L4) has a nice FLOODY beam like you're looking for... but for a fraction of the price and a lot more runtime, I'd also suggest the Inova T1.

Last edited:

faucon

Enlightened
The L2 has a wide flood beam very similar to that of the Surefire L4. The L2 as you may know also has a 'low' setting. While neither the L4 nor the L2 are the brightest in their class any more, they are both excellent lights. The L2 is quite a bit longer than the L4, but people with large hands may prefer the L2 for that reason. The other posters' suggestions are all worth checking out, too.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
The L1 (or L4) has a nice FLOODY beam like you're looking for... but for a fraction of the price and a lot more runtime, I'd also suggest the Inova T1.

Dude, the L1 has a TIR optic like the E1B and E2DL. The optics don't offer as much flood as their relfectored cousins. (even with an F04 attached to it, it doesn't even come close)

fugotti, the L2 is a good choice, so is the L4. They are considered to be the "Wall of Light" in the SureFire lineup. You can't go wrong with either of them.

Last edited:

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only problem with the L2 is that it is old technology and the run time is quite short compared to other comparable lights of today. The other issue has been that it only takes the 14670 rechargeable cell, not even the 17670........this may be important to you later on......

fugotti

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your help all. I am trying to wrap my head around all of this. Never knew there were so many different lights. I am learning much from the forum. My comfort area is with Surefire at the moment. I am looking into having a Milky Room Sweeper built. I am deep into some threads right now and liking what I read about them.

gallagho

Enlightened
I'm a proud owner of an L2, as it was my first venture into Flashlights :) However, I have to say if I was currently in the market for a floody beam I don't think I would buy the L2 today, if you see what I mean. It's let down by output/runtime when compared to more modern lights.

Last edited:

hawkz

Newly Enlightened
If you're in the market for a floody beam, you should really consider the L2.

But send it out to a modder so they can slap an MC-E in it. OMG, what a difference. I once thought the L2 was a wall of light. Now it's a great wall of light. Seriously, it's amazing what an MC-E in an L2 (with some diffusing film to take out donut) will do. I had AaronM mod mine. Took less than a week and I'm a very happy camper. :) I'm sorry I'm not posting beam shots. I don't know how yet.

tacticalmedic87

Newly Enlightened
The L2 is on of the best you can get for a flood, if not THE best. The L2 was my second surefire(G2 was first) and I carry both the L2 and E2DL on my belt everywhere I go. The L2 is a good flood and the E2DL is a great spot. I think you would be happy with the combo!:D

fugotti

Newly Enlightened
Well ordered 2 Inova T1s and another E2D LED. A set for the car and one for the house. Everything I read about the T1 was very good and for 1/3 of the price of a L2 I had to try it out. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Milky? I am thinking of having a light built.