C2/kl or e2e/kl for same $....what to do?!?!?!

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

New to forum...have been lurking for a while and reading...
I can get e2eha+kl or c2+k3 [i think] for about 125+postage...what should I do? Which should I go with?!? Advice! Please! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif
emails [email protected]

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

If both are the same price, it would come down to size differences as well as the original bulb difference between the two.

The C2 has the option of going up to 120 lumens, so that might be an incentive to go in that direction, but the E2e is definately the smallest of the SF 2XCR123 lights, and is ideal for a pocketable light.

As both KLs are near equal, your deciding factor should then be size and the original lamp assembly differences...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
if size is important, go with the e2e.

otherwise, get the c2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I agree! If you don't care that much about size go with the C2 for you can get both an HOLA and the KL5 later. And I find the combat grip very useful. I don't recommand the KL3 though for it's way bulky and the beam color is very blue. If you do care about size, the E2e is great choice and I do recommand the KL1 and the upcoming KL4. I have both the E1e/KL1 and the M2/KL3 combo and am waiting for 5W led bezels.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the E2e, by a longshot. you won't be disappointed.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was making the same decision, my major consideration was which would fit better in my pocket with the pocket clip and it was easily the E2E. I originally bought the E1E and the Kl1 but later sold it and got the E2E which I've been very happy with. IMO it's the best combination of beam output and being pocketable. I wound up selling the KL1 since I already had an ARC LSH-S so now I carry that and the E2E.

shrap

Enlightened
If I had the money (I don't), I wouldn't get the KL1/3. I'd get the E2e and leave it as 60 lumens, and save up for an Arc LS. This way you have two lights, both the best of their kind. E2e for occasional use and serious brightness, and the Arc LS for the usual stuff. Putting a KL1 onto a E2e makes it a really big and expensive Arc LS or Minimag Badboy.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I'd have to say go for the E2. The KL3 size LS head seems way too bulky, and I'm not a fan of switching heads in the field. I've got a C3, E2e, and a E1/KL1 I carry, with a E2e/KL1 for backup since it's better to hold for long periods than the E1.

I'm also not a big fan of the 6V P/C/D series lights. I prefer the 9v ones. But that's my bias so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Size15's

Flashaholic
You should consider what is in the pipe from SureFire.

The E2e has the KL4 5W Luxeon and Z57 Clickie TailCap coming.

The C2 has the KL5 5W Luxeon and the Z58 Clickie TailCap coming.

In my opinion, I think the E2e will give you the ability to carry and use your SureFire more often.

I'm looking forward to the KL6 for the M3 more than the KL5 for the C2.

Al