Eagletack P10A

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody have a runtime plot for a Eagletac P10A? It uses 1 AA cell. I read that you could use 1.2v nimh, or primary 1.5v alkalines, or 1.7v lithium cells just fine. I am also interested in how the 1.2v nimh cells do, and how long they stay in regulation. I would think that the 1.7v lithiums would provide the longest regulated runtime based on the higher voltage. I am interested in this light because of it's small size and inexpensive battery options. If I buy one, it will be my 24-7 edc, always on my belt flashlight. Any thoughts and input on this light guys?

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
Do you see that blank white box, to the left of your "Welcome, kyhunter1", a little below and askew of Merry Christmas! ?

If you type the name (you get bonus points for spelling correctly!) of your light you have questions about, every question you posed will be answered. And then some. Neat huh?

medieval

Newly Enlightened
There is no need to get smart about it. If you don't have something positive to contribute, don't feel the need to contribute at all.
Hopefully someone can help you with your question, but the search feature is an excellent source of info.

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
I'm certain that my post helped the OP far more than what you chose to contribute. There has been plenty written about this light and Google gives 195 hits just on CPF alone.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting used to my LumaPower Connexion on 14500 and rechargables. :popcorn:If such a light can perfom nearly as well on a primary AA, it's well suited to many EDC applications.
I like my EagleTac T10L so an AA version is tempting.:broke:

RayG

Newly Enlightened
I would think that the 1.7v lithiums would provide the longest regulated runtime based on the higher voltage.

I don't think it is regulated on 14500, but runs direct drive until the cell is pretty much exhausted, and only on hi, with no low mode.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I done some searching on this light after starting this thread. I found that to get the full 130 lumens brightness, you have to use a 14500 cell, and that is direct drive high mode only. If you use a primary, or nimh AA cell, you drop to the 60-70 lumen range with flat regulation. 130 lumens is hard to believe on a standard AA cell, and in this case, a exaggeration. Sometimes, it takes a while to get thru the hype of a light. It is still a nice light and I will probably buy one.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
kyhunter1,

I suppose that 130 lumens is an exaggeration for any 1xAA light using 1,2-1,5 V cell. I have Fenix L1D (stated max 120lumens), Nitecore D10(stated max 130 lumens) and Eagletac P10A. The brightest of them is EagleTac. And it's the only of these three which is as bright as Fenix E20 (stated at 109 lumens). But it's just in the very beginning of the runtime it can compete to Fenix E20! My measuring with light meter also shows that EagleTac P10A in the beginning is half as bright as Fenix TK10. IF my TK10 has 225 true lumens the P10A consequently has much less than the claimed 130 lumens. Doesn't matter for me any way; I am not dissatisfied with the brightness.

Regards, Patric

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you did the light meter tests with the P10A and the TK10, what kind of cell did you have in the P10A?

kyhunter1,

I suppose that 130 lumens is an exaggeration for any 1xAA light using 1,2-1,5 V cell. I have Fenix L1D (stated max 120lumens), Nitecore D10(stated max 130 lumens) and Eagletac P10A. The brightest of them is EagleTac. And it's the only of these three which is as bright as Fenix E20 (stated at 109 lumens). But it's just in the very beginning of the runtime it can compete to Fenix E20! My measuring with light meter also shows that EagleTac P10A in the beginning is half as bright as Fenix TK10. IF my TK10 has 225 true lumens the P10A consequently has much less than the claimed 130 lumens. Doesn't matter for me any way; I am not dissatisfied with the brightness.

Regards, Patric

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Swedpat: how do you measure the brightness? do you use some lightbox with your luxmeter? btw. From my experience I would say that E20 is closer to 120 lumens.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I contacted Eagletac today and asked them some specific questions about this light to compare to what everyone was saying and what I read on the forum. This is what they emailed me:

The P10A when using 1.2V NiMH or 1.5V primary, you will get 130 lumens as LED is driven at 400mA, constant regulated.

When using 14500 li-ion battery, the LED is direct driven and are estimated to give approximately 200-225 lumens in the beginning of the runtime (not current regulated).

Cheers,
Nicole
EagleTac Marketing Director
http://www.eagletac.com

I am ready to buy one now!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you did the light meter tests with the P10A and the TK10, what kind of cell did you have in the P10A?

I use a 1,2V GP NiMH 2700mAh.

Swedpat: how do you measure the brightness? do you use some lightbox with your luxmeter? btw. From my experience I would say that E20 is closer to 120 lumens.

I suspect the same. I also suspect that TK10 is more than 225lumens. (it's around 15% brighter than my Tiablo A9, claimed as 250+lumens)

No, I don't use a lightbox. I shine the flashlight up on the ceiling roof and measure the reflected light on the lightmeter placed at the table right under.

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I contacted Eagletac today and asked them some specific questions about this light to compare to what everyone was saying and what I read on the forum. This is what they emailed me:

The P10A when using 1.2V NiMH or 1.5V primary, you will get 130 lumens as LED is driven at 400mA, constant regulated.

When using 14500 li-ion battery, the LED is direct driven and are estimated to give approximately 200-225 lumens in the beginning of the runtime (not current regulated).

Cheers,
Nicole
EagleTac Marketing Director
http://www.eagletac.com

I am ready to buy one now!

i wonder what happens when you feed it 2 cells like the p10a2. not sure if it's the same head as they label the driver differently.