Fenix tk20...selecting modes???

GS!

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys, new member here!

Anyway I just got a tk20 flashlight and I know this sounds like I am completely incompetent, but i cant figure out how to select between the two modes, turbo and normal???

The head rotates but the light output remains the same...

Someone want to clue me in please?

Toaster

Enlightened
So whether the head is fully tight or loosened to the point of falling off the light output remains the same? Have you tried swapping in another fresh pair of batteries to see if the problem persists?

GS!

Newly Enlightened
So whether the head is fully tight or loosened to the point of falling off the light output remains the same? Have you tried swapping in another fresh pair of batteries to see if the problem persists?

Correct, and you are wise Toaster.

I was just swapping batteries after i noticed one of the batteries had 2011 and the other had a 2013 expiration date, even though they came from the same pack....An old one got mixed in with the new ones...

Works great now! Thats what i get for using "new" batteries at my girlfriends house.

I'll slap some lithium ones in from my camera and see what it looks like!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Is the grip rotating instead of the head?
Also, is the bezel rotating instead of the head(I'm not sure if this can be a problem)?

The first TK20s had the problem of the grip being too loose.

Clean the threads too, it might help.

If it is still broken, try to get a replacement.

:welcome:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like he got it working.

Enjoy the new light GS! I've had a TK20 for a couple of months now and I've really enjoyed it. I find that the beam color seems to be easier on the eyes, and if nothing else it's more aesthetically pleasing than the usual blue led beam.

Igor Porto

Enlightened
Fully tightened is turbo mode. Loosen it just a bit and it goes to low mode. If it doesn't change, maybe your batteries are weak and can only power low mode.

Edit Oops, the topic was opened in my browser for a while, and when I had the chance to respond, it was already done. :)

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep my TK10 in my vehicle so I keep it loaded with Energizer Lithium AA's. Works great even in the cold. If you're giong to use it frequently you might try some NiMH's.