Pelican M6 and Cree Drop in problems

rambo21

Newly Enlightened
I am having some problems with my two Pelican M6 flashlights. One is the old style and one the newer style of pelican flashlights xenon bulbs. I bought new drop in units from Deals Extreme which are, Cree R2 Drop-In 1-Mode LED Module. However when I install them they do not work. I took off the large spring as they say to do but they still do not work and I have no other ideas on how to get them to work. I tried the drop in units in a Surefire 6P and a Brinkman flashlights and they both work in those flashlights but not in my Pelicans.
Does any one know if I am doing something wrong or have any ideas on how to fix them in order to get them to work or are they not compatible at all?
Here is the link to where I bought the lamps from:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11836

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am having some problems with my two Pelican M6 flashlights. One is the old style and one the newer style of pelican flashlights xenon bulbs. I bought new drop in units from Deals Extreme which are, Cree R2 Drop-In 1-Mode LED Module. However when I install them they do not work. I took off the large spring as they say to do but they still do not work and I have no other ideas on how to get them to work. I tried the drop in units in a Surefire 6P and a Brinkman flashlights and they both work in those flashlights but not in my Pelicans.
Does any one know if I am doing something wrong or have any ideas on how to fix them in order to get them to work or are they not compatible at all?
Here is the link to where I bought the lamps from:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11836

Well assuming there isn't anything wrong with your M6 flashlights, maybe the dropin isn't making good electrical contact with the inside of the flashlight body. The brass pill of the dropin should be touching the bare aluminum of the inside of the M6 body tube. I put one these dropins in my new M6 and it works without any problems. If you hear the dropin rattling around after you've screwed the head down as far as it can go, then that is most likely the problem.

rambo21

Newly Enlightened
It doesn't appear to making contact of either of the flashlights now that I have checked them. How do I fix this problem?

Also when I have the lamp assembly all put together in the light and I tap it with my hand the light will blink but not stay on.

Last edited: