Surefire flashlight holsters ?

SKYTRAIL

Newly Enlightened
I have been using the V21 Q.R. model Nylon holster for over 10 years. Not the same one :ohgeez:but the same model. :twothumbs I have found that the more you use this holster, especially with the new lights like the E2D LED Defender, the faster it will wear as the tailcap edge will cut into the Nylon base. If you have a 6P or Nitrolon model the holster will last longer, again depending on usage. Personally, I wont use anything else and have used both the V70 (Moulded for 6P/G2) and even the V27 Leather belt holster. I like the ability to quick attach it to my trouser belt as I leave home and the flexibilty it provides whilst performing my duties.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found mine to be very durable and reliable. The biggest decision you will need to make is the attachment type. Surefire offers three attachment types to choose from for the same holster. Quick detach (velcro attachment), fixed loop (sewn on loop) and clip on (metal clip).

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
They don't show a pic of the clip side but it is very secure. It is my choice for occasional EDC because it can be clipped on your pants belt and unclipped easily. Likewise, it can be carried in your bag and clipped on your belt when the need arises.

The fixed loop requires you to take off your belt and slide it through. The velcro option is better for web type gear or load bearing equipment.

sappyg

Enlightened
i tried a SF nylon holster for about 1/2 a day. the one with the velcro flap and belt loop (sorry, don't know the model #) for use with my g3.
for me it was a looser. the tailcap hung up on the piping at the top of the sleeve (a 9p would have probably worked better in this case). it is way too bulky and i do not care for bezel up carry. the flap added to the bulk and was not needed to secure the light.
a yakki/ yakke something type holster would have worked much better but i found nothing like it available.