I got my new Novatac 120E but....

sigsour

Newly Enlightened
The serial number is 14337. Should I be happy or upset? I dont see any flickering issues and everything seems good (slight anodizing mismatch) Beam is perfect. Were there any favorable updates done to this light since this serial number? I have searched and not really found any answers to this.

cabbynate

Newly Enlightened
Be happy. Most people like the lower SN's on the Novatac's. I have a 120P that is #14277 and it works fine. Sometimes it will flicker on the low setting but not often. It gets used every day and runs like a clock...

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure I understand your question. No flickering issues, everything seems ok, the beam is perfect (I do love the NovaTac beam!!!!!!!!), what could you possibly have to be upset about? :)

I'm not sure I should point out this thread:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=213286
.... and will do so only with a word of caution added, proceed at your own risk. I would read it fully before trying anything........ but it MIGHT be just the ticket to open up a world of possibilities for your new light. :party: Personally, I would simply enjoy your wonderful new light in all it's current glory ... but I'm also a pushover for possibilities.

NVBoy

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure I understand your question. No flickering issues, everything seems ok, the beam is perfect (I do love the NovaTac beam!!!!!!!!), what could you possibly have to be upset about? :)

I'm not sure I should point out this thread:
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=213286
.... and will do so only with a word of caution added, proceed at your own risk. I would read it fully before trying anything........ but it MIGHT be just the ticket to open up a world of possibilities for your new light. :party: Personally, I would simply enjoy your wonderful new light in all it's current glory ... but I'm also a pushover for possibilities.

I just got my 120E this week, and unlocked it the first night I had it. I don't regret it at all. This is a great light!

Jackal112203

Newly Enlightened
I have a high serial # NovaTac, and am completely happy with it. Even if something malfunctions, NT's warranty is top notch IMHO. You made a good choice:thumbsup:

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a novatac 120 T and the reflector is scratched up but it doesn't not effect the beam at all so i am not to peeved.

scottaw

Enlightened
#11750, first or second batch, hasn't left my side in a long time, only gets funny when the battery is dying, like anything else that takes a battery.

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Novatac 120T i just got has one issue. I just had to change the battery and when I put the extra supplied batteries in it doesn't work at top level it flickers and stays in the medium to lower mode but if I put an AW RCR123 it works fine. I was using fresh cells one brand was titanium the was surefire.

Polar Light

Newly Enlightened
The Novatac 120T i just got has one issue. I just had to change the battery and when I put the extra supplied batteries in it doesn't work at top level it flickers and stays in the medium to lower mode but if I put an AW RCR123 it works fine. I was using fresh cells one brand was titanium the was surefire.

Did you do the battery reset thing?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that something i have to do every time i change the battery or just the ones with problems...i did it and it works thanks.

Polar Light

Newly Enlightened
Is that something i have to do every time i change the battery or just the ones with problems...i did it and it works thanks.

If you change between different types of batteries (primaries, RCR) you have to do the battery reset.

I am glad your light works :twothumbs

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
Few glad i don't have any problems i like this thing a lot even the like i said the reflector is got two huge scratches i can't believe i passed on this light for so long.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
As mentioned by Derek Dean .... try the LLCoolBeans hack that will
turn your 120E into a 120P :devil:

eljuez

Newly Enlightened
It really doesn't matter about the serial #s. A few w/high #s apparently had problems, the vast majority don't, including me.