Modding the Victorinox 2AA Led?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I have modded this light with a U2SW0I emitter, I've got the itch to keep going. I have a couple more which I got at good prices that I'm lookking to upgrade. Already received my U2SV0H emitters from photonfanatic, but I'm thinking if I could beef up the driver, these should make fantastic helmet-mounted lights for biking.

Has anybody done this? Any ideas for either replacing the driver or modifying it to beef up output? I'll try to post some pics of the driver in case somebody is unfamilar, but it probably won't be for a day or two :twothumbs

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
The board measures about 17.5mm in diameter, the center post (negative in) is 9mm in total height with a 7mm dia spring base and 5mm male portion.

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely beautiful with the U2SV0H emitter! Solidly doubled the output with a huge improvement in color! I'm going to leave the one I had already done with U2SW0I alone, for now. Maybe if those U2SUNH ever come through I'll done one up, I dunno.

Still need to find a driver board I can make work and juice up the current a bit.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you and I have discussed this before...hmmm.

The best upgrade for this light you have just performed. With the way this light has the batteries loaded in reverse and the board being what the LED is mounted to, I think it would be very difficult to find another board to work well with this light. Leaving it the way it is still gives you about 100 lumens and a good runtime from 2aa's. Maybe throw some E-lithiums in there for a temporary boost. :)

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its definately nice, just would love to see a more aggressive If as it has run time to spare. Just got done riding in the snow again and it really is fantastic; color tint is woderful as well. Not all washed out blue like virtually every other led I've used.