Bulb options for a 3v SF Weaponlight /3P

im5150too

Newly Enlightened
And ideas on the options for the 3 volt Surefire weaponlights in the way of a bulb upgrade? Uses the same bulb as the 3P.

Anyone know of a drop-in replacement? LED would be nice, but something brighter than the stock bulb, which looks pretty dim compared to today's lights.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to admit - I'm curious as to the sudden wash of 3P hosts on the market.

-Trevor

mdocod

Flashaholic
If you switch to using a single IMR16340 cell, you could run any of the 3.7V incan D26 modules on the market (in theory), the runtime wouldn't be much (15 minutes, give or take depending on the bulb), but it would be brighter.

The M30 suggested would probably be the most remarkable upgrade in the performance department, it can run on either a CR123 primary, or a 3.7V protected RCR123, on the protected RCR123 it will really scream.

Per Arne

Enlightened
I bought the M30 to my 3P and was disappointed that I couldn't close the Bezel the hole way down :sigh: It is an 1-2mm open space... I have tried it on other configurations SureFire/LeefGear, but the result is the same.

Next time I order one, I'll aske them to grind off the few mm that makes the problem. It has a nice and bright beam though :twothumbs

Good luck :)

PA

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the M30 to my 3P and was disappointed that I couldn't close the Bezel the hole way down :sigh: It is an 1-2mm open space... I have tried it on other configurations SureFire/LeefGear, but the result is the same.

Next time I order one, I'll aske them to grind off the few mm that makes the problem. It has a nice and bright beam though :twothumbs

Good luck :)

PA

Easy fix to get rid of that gap= Use a new 6P head. It worked for me. Also, the P7 or MC-E would work great with the AW16340.

I already have 2 P7's from Gene to run in a Pentagon Px1 and Surefire 3P parts. I also have another 3P like Surefire that I want to use it with longer runtimes. Which is why I may just get the DX light and just use the P60 host with 300 - 400 lumens it should be plenty bright.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18857

Since, the primary use for the OP is a weaponlight the MC-E may be a better choice because it will not get as hot. Or if you want that blinding hot spot the M30 is always there to deliver.
Good luck with youre choice and show us some pictures when you complete it.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll bet it's because the M30 just TOOK OFF in popularity during the second part of last year. First half of 2008, just about nobody was posting about it. Then,:party:

I agree that M30 begs to be stuffed in a 3P layout. Now, the AW16340's can handle the 2.8amp draw of the P7 and the P7 Gene makes is optimized for the 4.2v which is the same as a AW16340. All, the power of the bigger lights stuffed into a tiny sub 4in flame thrower is just amazing.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
My suggestion: Malkoff's new P7 prototype with an IMR RCR123 cell.

Not very throwy, but oh god the close-range flood.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I stumbled across a Pelican 1 cell cr123 today - M1 3310.

I saw it on the shelf, but I couldn't tell you if its brand new, an old product or any of the particulars - but the xenon lamp may be of interest, or the body as a host.

-Trevor

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I stumbled across a Pelican 1 cell cr123 today - M1 3310.

I saw it on the shelf, but I couldn't tell you if its brand new, an old product or any of the particulars - but the xenon lamp may be of interest, or the body as a host.

-Trevor

That would be cool, I bet that any P60 drop-in would drop right in.
http://www.nextag.com/pelican-m1-3310/products-html
It says its 4.75in long. I think that its due to the tailcap and far too long for my taste. I had a real Surefire 3P and it was right under 4in. I sold it and got me the Surefire 3P parts, which I like a whole lot better. First, the P60 drop-ins don't create a gap (body, bezel). The overall lengh on mine is 3.54in. Currently; I am still trying to make it shorter and still function.

Surefire 3P Parts:
1. LU60 adaptor
2. 6P twistie
3. 6P bezel
4. A21 universal housing
The P60 from Surefire will drop right in, but to fit the Malkoff and other aftermarket drop-ins the LU60 Adaptor has to be dremmeled; which is an easy fix.

Last edited: