Standard aluminium retaining ring for C/P D26 heads.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone please explain why it is so hard to get a plain aluminium retaining ring that fits D26 C/P heads such as SF, Solarforce and G&P? I need a bunch to replace the sharp ones as well as the plastic ones. Any help in finding some would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G&P tactical head (GP313) comes with both a crenelated and plain bezel ring. If you know someone who uses this bezel with the crenelated ring, maybe they will give you their unused plain ring.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G&P tactical head (GP313) comes with both a crenelated and plain bezel ring. If you know someone who uses this bezel with the crenelated ring, maybe they will give you their unused plain ring.

Yeah, I already tried this approach in the B/S/T section and there is no reply. My collection of C heads is very simple, some SF with plastic rings, Solarforce and G&P. I have about five sharp rings to change to plain ones, I seem to do more damage to myself, my furniture, clothes such as pockets that I am over the crenulated phase. I don't want to buy the whole head just for the spare plain ring.......I will keep looking, perhaps one day. :)

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
cernobila, will the retaining rings you have work okay on all of the brands of heads you have?

These are ok on the Solarforce and G&P heads but will not fit the SF G2 head and the UF C1 head. I do not have the 6P/9P or any other "C" heads to try it out. Perhaps others here could comment on this......

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can check compatibility between a G&P, G2, and 6P with anti-roll bezel in a couple of days. But it seems to me that if the G&P retaining ring is already proven not to work with a G2, I doubt it will work with a 6P bezel.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can check compatibility between a G&P, G2, and 6P with anti-roll bezel in a couple of days. But it seems to me that if the G&P retaining ring is already proven not to work with a G2, I doubt it will work with a 6P bezel.

The thread on the G2 bezel retaining ring is very broad more like on a soft drink bottle top. (exaggerated) I dont think that the 6P is like that, but than again not sure what the retaining rings are like on any of the alloy P/C heads.

Fizz753

Newly Enlightened
It does look like Solarforce has come out with a flat bezel ring. I cant find anyone who has it for sale though. Check out the L2-B1 on http://www.solarforce.hk/PRD/main.jsp Accessoriess -> L2-B1

They do have a note though. (not compatible with Surefire's or G&P's P series)

It is a standard retaining ring it does not go far enough out to provide any protection to the front edge of the light.

Last edited:

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does look like Solarforce has come out with a flat bezel ring. I cant find anyone who has it for sale though. Check out the L2-B1 on http://www.solarforce.hk/PRD/main.jsp Accessoriess -> L2-B1

They do have a note though. (not compatible with Surefire's or G&P's P series)

It is a stranded retaining ring it does not go far enough out to provide any protection to the front edge of the light.

Thanks for that info, the idea of protection of the front edge is a fair point......might just grind down the sharp points on my pointy retaining rings and call it a day. :)