Colored Flashlights??

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
Hey does anyone happen to know where to get colored flashlights? and i mean the LED is colored not the flashlight it self :) i am hoping to get 2 or 3 a red blue and white :) thanks in advanced for your help!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
TerraLUX makes red, green, and blue drop-ins for both the Mag and MiniMag, Metlarules' link takes you to the retailer that sells all of them.

There's also a flashlight manufacturer, Peak LED Solutions, that builds full custom flashlights, where you get to choose your battery, body, and LED configuration, for roughly the same price as a similar light from other brands. You can see the full configuration list here https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/212589http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=212589, and since most models offer at least half a dozen LED color choices, you might want to contact them by e-mail or phone to see what's available. I had them build this (below) 7-emitter 1x123 light, and each LED is Red/Green/Blue. When you turn it on, all the LEDs start randomly cycling through colors asynchronously, it's quite the fireworks show :huh: (Total cost was ~$50)

Peak1.jpg

Last edited:

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
There's also a flashlight manufacturer, Peak LED Solutions, that builds full custom flashlights, where you get to choose your battery, body, and LED configuration, for roughly the same price as a similar light from other brands. You can see the full configuration list here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=212589, and since most models offer at least half a dozen LED color choices, you might want to contact them by e-mail or phone to see what's available. I had them build this (below) 7-emitter 1x123 light, and each LED is Red/Green/Blue. When you turn it on, all the LEDs start randomly cycling through colors asynchronously, it's quite the fireworks show :huh: (Total cost was ~$50)

Any chance you could fix that link? =D getting a 404 not found But are there any lights that only have a single color? :) i dont mind cheapo ones hahaha lthanks again!

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
What's your price range?
For what use?
What batteries?

:welcome:

thanks! hmm hoped price range is 10-25 ish
use fun! lol
and hopefully AA or AAA
doesnt need to be the brightest in the world
:)

Marduke

Flashaholic
There are a lot of lights that can do multiple colors. Besides those mentioned above, there is the SF Kroma, the Coleman 3xAAA at WalMart, the Photon Proton Pro, there are a couple Energizer swivel head lights, and a TON of the LED headlamps out there today do white + red + either blue or green.

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
I think i am looking for more of a flash light than a head lamp

Marduke

Flashaholic

Close. There is a lighter gray version which uses a XR-E (opposed to the XR-C in the one you linked) and is advertised as 115 lumens.

They also have two versions. There is a white, red, green version, and there is a white, red, blue version. Look at the package closely to decide which you want. Cost is $25 IIRC (not more than $30 for sure).

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I fixed the link, both in the thread and here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/212589

But are there any lights that only have a single color? :) i dont mind cheapo ones hahaha lthanks again!

Peak offers single-color LEDs in white, pink, red, blue, cyan, and UV, plus most models offer more than one output range, so you can specify if you want more brightness or more runtime. And their build quality is considered top-notch, not just in design but in materials, as you can get most models in a variety of metals (HA aluminum, stainless steel, brass, etc)

If you look closely at their configuration charts, you'll note that you can get some lights with an emitter on each end, so you could have more than one color on the same light..

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
alright sweet ill probably end up getting that one :) the price isnt too bad and it seems to be good for a noob =D but what would you suggest blue vs gree? thanks again for the help!

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
anyone have experience with

I have broken 3 of them. They are good when you buy them, then a week later the top brakes off. I'm not even hard on them. You will notice that it gets harder and harder to turn the color thing, then the top falls off.

that happening? o_0

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If its just for fun, blue might be a bit more fun then green but our eyes are more sensitive to green.

Quality on the Coleman lights should be decent at least.

Marduke

Flashaholic
alright sweet ill probably end up getting that one :) the price isnt too bad and it seems to be good for a noob =D but what would you suggest blue vs gree? thanks again for the help!

Blue vs green is entirely up to you. They are both useless colors IMO. If I were to purchase either light, I would immediately swap out the blue/green for a white 5mm LED anyhow so I could get a low mode.

Zeva

Newly Enlightened
soo many decisions :) do you people think it would be worth it to spend another 10-20 bucks for a Peak LED one? i think i might get a red or maybe blue or maybe green or ahhh decisions again! then perhaps a coleman from target where i have gift certificate