New here, quick question...

dixiethunder

Newly Enlightened
...but first let me say I've been reading on here quite a bit lately and I like what I see. The knowledge that can be found here is impressive.

Anyhow, my EDC light as of now is an unmodified Streamlight TL-2 (non-LED), using Batterystation.com-brand CR123's. I was wondering what Surefire had available that would match the light output and throw that I get from the Streamlight...possible a 6P or 9P as I will be carrying this on my belt in a holster as I have always carried my lights.

Also, I have only owned 1 LED light that was actually worth mentioning (a Mag LED, the LED version of the mini-mag and I thought it was a POS, due to the switch mechanism failing on mine as well as 2 of them that my buddy owned... What is a good LED upgrade for the 6P or 9P that can offer the same performance as the incandescent bulbs that come stock in them?

Thanks in advance everyone.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SF P60L or a malkoff...either one will enhance the runtime of the said lights...more with the 9P, as you get about 3-4 hours of "75-80 SF Lumens", compared to 1-2 hours with the 6P...the Malkoffs are also a good buy from what I've heard. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
The SF P60L or a malkoff...either one will enhance the runtime of the siad lights...more woth the 9P, as you get about 3-4 hours of "75-80 SF Lumens", compared to 1-2 hours with the 6P...the Malkoffs are also a good buy from what I've heard. Hope this helps.

Huh? Only the M60LL is in that range, and the brightness is about 8 hours on 2xCR123 primaries.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Huh? Only the M60LL is in that range, and the brightness is about 8 hours on 2xCR123 primaries.
Sorry Marduke...i wasn't trying to compare the P60L to the Malkoff versions, I was only trying to state the BIG difference between using a P60L in a 2 and 3 Cell light...with a 3 cell light, you get brighter light for much longer...which is why I prefer to use my P60L's in 3-cell lights.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Sorry Marduke...i wasn't trying to compare the P60L to the Malkoff versions, I was only trying to state the BIG difference between using a P60L in a 2 and 3 Cell light...with a 3 cell light, you get brighter light for much longer...which is why I prefer to use my P60L's in 3-cell lights.

P60L is the same brightness on 2 or 3 cells, only runtime is increased.

cree_buyer

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight literally released these new lights days ago [here] check 'em out! Brand Loyalty?

smiley-signs061.gif
welcome to cpf!

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
What price range and size are you looking at?
What kind of beam? Narrow, wide, inbetween?

There are many lights, including some 2AA ones, that can equal or beat the TL-2 in output and throw. A good 2AA example might be the Fenix TK20 or Olight T25. 1 or 2 CR123s, the Nitecore Extreme, Eagletac P10A or T10A, Fenix TK10 or TK11, Olight T20, and a few others. For Surefire, the E1B, L1, E2DL should all at least equal the TL-2 in throw.

:welcome: