Ra Twisty with Ti CR2 battery case

kromeke

Enlightened
Made a CR2 battery case for my twisty today. The crenelations on the bezel were also cut down. I got the total length under 3 inches.

It also has an arc 4 style clip installed.

Here are some pics:

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

Ra clicky proto, HDS b42 and a Novatac 85P drilled and tapped for clip are in the photos as well.

Enzo Morocioli

Enlightened
Oh gosh...
That's awesome. CR2's actually fit in the stock case and operate the light as normal... Having a CR2 body is a great idea! Nice work!

Edit: aw man.. now I want one. :(
Edit again: Can we see a shot of the spring inside the battery case?

Last edited:

kromeke

Enlightened
Can we see a shot of the spring inside the battery case?

Ahh, there is no spring in the battery case. How do you think I got it so short?

I did a lot of measuring and came to the conclusion that the front spring has enough throw to allow for a battery case sans spring. It is a trade off, but it came out like I wanted. I'm not sure how big of a battery variation it can handle, but I'm satisfied with the results, at least for this first version.

It will drive my 85TR at full brightness, but I'm not sure how long, and I don't do runtime tests, it is a waste of batteries. I have this light programmed as my up close covert light. Low red, low white, and a not so bright high.

Planning on a 18490 case next, to try to keep the length as close to the original, but with a li-ion cell instead with similar mAh rating to a CR123 cell.

I've got a few more specials in the works. :devil:

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I would turn down the head as far as you can, dont have one in hand so i dont know how thick they are but I was always dissapointed with how big a diam the head is. Turn that ugly knurling off and satin the alum to match the Ti....Get it as small as possible. Iam doing this to a Ti custom body made for the Nitecore EX10 now...

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh, there is no spring in the battery case. How do you think I got it so short?

I did a lot of measuring and came to the conclusion that the front spring has enough throw to allow for a battery case sans spring. It is a trade off, but it came out like I wanted.

The battery case spring is just there to keep the battery in contact and undamaged during extreme abuse. Even without the dual springs this setup is probably more rugged and protective than just about anything else out there.

I like it. If you could make more and keep the cost <= $50 you could probably sell quite a few here on CPF.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's cool.

I'm just throwing this out there. If you were to just thin the walls a bit and put in a thin PD type sleeve you'd be able to have a PD momentary system.

fl0t

Enlightened
Awesome battery tube. You should offer a limited run. :whistle:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice work - looks awesome ! (I would love to get an AA/14500/17500/18500 size battery case for my twisty, I would love the extra runtime of an 18500 cell, compared to the RCR123 I have in there now)