Maglite switch stuck in the body!

ergotelis

Enlightened
Hi,i am trying to remove my modded switch mechanism from my Maglite P7 but in vain. I use the right tool(smal exagon tool,it unscrews competely), the switch is moving around a bit but does not come out of the body! What can i do, any ideas?

JamisonM

Enlightened
You can use anything that is long enough that will fit in. Just push the switch out. A piece of pipe, the handle end of a screwdriver, anything that is long enough and will fit.

skillet

Enlightened
Make sure the switch is in the "ON" position and it should come out thru the tailcap end.. If you remove the retaining ring, it will come out of the bezel end as well..

Good luck!!
Gordon aka:skillet

ergotelis

Enlightened
Thanks for your answers but i can't manage anything. I did all that you say , anyway i have reopened again in past without problems. The switch is stuck, what might have stuck and cannot remove it? It is moving a bit, it is not tight but not removable! I am thinking of completely destroying the switch with a tool or flames.

JamisonM

Enlightened
Make sure you're trying to remove the switch from the end you put and remove the batteries from. There's a little plastic ring in the battery tube that will prevent the switch from being taken out any other way. As long as you've unscrewed the hex screw as much as it can, the switch should fall out, but sometimes, it won't. Find yourself a piece of PVC pipe about as long as your maglite's battery tube and a hammer. Make sure the pipe is just a little bit larger then the came shaft on the switch and slip the pipe over it and tap the switch out. Don't be afraid to put a bit of force into it.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure you put pressure on the switch module, it is slightly pushed out by the springy bar that attaches to the set screw that holds everything in. If it's sticking out at all it will bind and won't move. Push it in hold it while pushing the assembly out.