Just Got A TwinTasklight 2L

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
I just got a 2 Lithium battery Streamlight Twintask yesterday. It seems to be well made and is bright. I compared it with my Surefire E2e and 6P. To my eye the xenon light seems brighter. The beam is not as focused as the E2e or the 6P even when tighten as much as possible. The LED's are as bright as my Attitude and produce a flood pattern.

I have two minor gripes with the light. The first is the switch. You click it once for LEDs then the next click turns it off. You click it again (3rd click) and the xenon comes on. Click it again and the xenon goes off and the cycle starts over. This arrangement is kind of a pain. If you don't reset the sequence you could accidently ruin your night vision. Streamlight should have made some provision to independently access the LEDs and xenon bulb. My other gripe is the overall shape. The light is a little to thick at the lens end. It is slightlly flared but still too much to comfortably fit in my pocket. I would give up the focus for a slimmer head. (The focus doesn't work well anyway.)

Overall a great light for the money though. I have another on order and this one will go with me to Washington D.C. this week.

Does anyone have a release date for the 5 watters?

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
A sporting goods store in Perry, Georgia. For some reason they seem to get Surefire and Streamlight stuff really quick. They had Surefire A2's but only had blue LEDs left. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (I want a white LED version.)

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked at SL's specs and it says the xenon lamp will run for 2.5 hours on two lithium's is this right? This should put it in the ballpark of an E2 with the LOLA which should not even compare to your 6P do you have any beam shots?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
For what it's worth, here's the runtime plots for the Xenergy AL 606, which appears to the the same or similar to the Twin Task 2L hybred light. The Xenergy's switch is 3 led/6 led/Xenon/off. I would think that the runtimes should be similar to the 2L.