Problem with SL35X Streamlight

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
As best as my buddy can tell me he thinks the battery got run maybe all the way down. The lense has a melted place in the middle.

He really only is sure of one thing. He went to use the light about a week ago and it was weak. The beam is quite yellow.

I think, but he can't confirm, that the battery went all the way down and right now the light gets pretty warm in the charger. I figure one cell has reversed or otherwise isn't pulling it's share, causing a sort of short in the battery.

Does this sound plausible?

I have already requested the old battery if he gets one, and will disect and test each cell. And if I find 3 or 4 good ones yeehaa!!!!

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is such a thing as "cell reversal" in a NiCd battery cell, but it's a rare occurrence.

Probably, the battery was run all the way down, and when SLOWLY recharged it should be o.k. If the beam is really yellow, the bulb may be bad.

--dan

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
He thought that too (bulb) but while I killed a LED to lower (MUCH) output... incandescents for me are an all or nothing proposition. So what do you mean?

Also I figure the lense diameter at right about 55mm. He would like a glass lense. Any chances?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I say again. I have NEVER heard of a bulb getting dim.

It has been ALL or NOTHING. Even headlights in my truck when they look crappy they are exceptionally dirty, or in the case of my drivers side contaminated inside the lense.

He thought he has a spare bulb somewhere. I'll get him to try it. But I am a firm NON-BELIEVER that the bulb is the problem.

B@rt

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
Also I figure the lense diameter at right about 55mm. He would like a glass lense. Any chances?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try Flashlightlens.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

AFAIK he makes custom sized lenses too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif