How do you remove a glued in Star

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's not really a "controller board" it's just a piece of aluminum with traces so you have a bigger point to solder to.

Don't expect it to be more than $10 in parts.

Why would you want to remove a Star if you weren't going to replace it with a newer/better star? They are normally junked when you take them out. :shrug:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's not really a "controller board" it's just a piece of aluminum with traces so you have a bigger point to solder to.

Don't expect it to be more than $10 in parts.

Why would you want to remove a Star if you weren't going to replace it with a newer/better star? They are normally junked when you take them out. :shrug:

When I applied heat to the heatsink to try and remove the LED / Star I fried the controller board that sits on the bottom of the sink .

This cause it to short , so when I gave up and re-assembled , it fried the LED [ It worked for one second ] .

Now I have several controller boards on order , + one more Cree P4 WD , which I will resurrect the Romisen with .

Question is , Single mode , 2 mode , 5 mode , and input voltage range ?

The two mode is 2.5 to 6v , so im not 100% if its ok with non rechargeable CR123A's , the single mode boards are up to 9v , but I do like multimode .